Latest extensions window pops up and stays visible after filling and submitting

Options

I'm noticing on both Chrome and Safari, latest versions of each extension, that if I have Animate filling UNchecked, that often times the popup 1Password window will popup and stay active even though it has filled the form and auto submitted.

Any ideas why? Checking the Animate box has it work correctly.

-Kevin

Comments

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

Hello

This started a few build ago,
    I have some site that only have one possible 1P entry
    when I use the keyboard shortcut to fill in UserID and Password, or either one, the fields fill in, and autosubmit is ON
    but the Dropdown window still opens

it used not to open the dropdown menu of the Safari extension
    Now it does, even if the password is entered, autosubmitted, and I get to the site

I have to click the window to make the 1P dropdown menu/window disappear

I raised this under a Beta previously, and you acknowleged the problem

Now it is recurring with Stable version 3.9.17

• netnothing
    netnothing
    Community Member
    Options

I submitted a similar thread:
    http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/13115/latest-extensions-window-pops-up-and-stays-visible-after-filling-and-submitting#latest

I'm noticing that if you have Animate filling checked that it works....but of course then you need to have animate filling checked ;-)

Are you seeing the same?

-Kevin

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2013
    Options

Kevin, you have no idea how thankful I am for your post. This has been driving me batty, but the devs said they couldn't reproduce it. I am delighted that you found the key: the "Animate filling" option. I will make sure they get this crucial detail so this can be resolved in an update. RM4455

Thanks!

• netnothing
    netnothing
    Community Member
    Options

Any update on this.

Also seems if you have the Animate filling option enabled, it causes GoDaddy logins to not work. Turn the animate option off and the logins work fine.

I HATE the animate filling option....it has brought nothing but issues and slowness.

-Kevin

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I HATE the animate filling option....it has brought nothing but issues and slowness.

I presume you have it disabled then so neither issue affects you right now.

I don't have anything further to report, but this is certainly still on our radar. It should be resolved in a future update. I will make every attempt to update this thread when that happens.

If we can be of further assistance in the meantime, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• netnothing
    netnothing
    Community Member
    Options

No, the problem is:

With the Animate option CHECKED: The 1Password window doesn't stay popped up, but logging into GoDaddy doesn't work
    With the Animate option UNCHECKED: The 1Password window often stays on the screen, but GoDaddy logins work

-Kevin

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

It still reopens with some sites, few but some
    even if animated filling is checked
    Hopefully next build will fix this oddity

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for following up folks. This should be resolved in an update. We appreciate your patience. It's been annoying me too. :)

• dteare
    Options

This should be fixed in 3.9.18 beta 4. Please give it a try and let us know how it turns out.

Thanks!

• netnothing
    netnothing
    Community Member
    Options

Will the beta extension auto update to the latest stable?

-Kevin

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If you are in the beta channel of the extension you will get all of the fixes that are in stable in addition to early access to fixes in the beta channel. You should be all set either way at this point with regard to this specific issue since the fix has been released in the stable channel as well now. :)

This discussion has been closed.