Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'addListener' of undefined in JS console in Chrome

Options

If I disable the 1password extension (3.9.17.90), the error goes away. If you inspect it just says "anonymous function".

Chrome 24.0.1312.57

Strangely enough, my coworker who has the exact same versions doesn't get this. Seems like it just started happening in the past couple weeks.

I'm a web developer, so this is really annoying!

Comments

• niestudio
    niestudio
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I'm not sure when this started, but I am getting a JS error in the console on every page that I view in chrome.
    Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'addListener' of undefined
    (anonymous function)
    I went thru and disabled all my extensions and it wasn't until I disabled 1P that it went away.
    The extension still seems to work fine and doesn't cause any issues (that I know of) on the page, but as a developer I am in the console all day and I always see this error.

Chrome Version - 25.0.1364.99
    1Password extension Version - 3.9.17.90

Daniel

• Timothy Kelty
    Timothy Kelty
    Community Member
    Options

Scratch that, I just updated Chrome to 27.0.1453.110 and I don't see it anymore.

• niestudio
    niestudio
    Community Member
    Options

upgrading to Chrome 27 seems to have fixed the issue

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well in the current stable version. :)

We always recommend staying current. Please let me know if you ever have any other trouble.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.