Installing on multiple machines is confusing

Options

I wanted to try out 1Password to see what it was all about, but I'm a bit confused about how to synchronise across machines. I started on my work machine (Mac Pro) with a new account, and set up a couple of passwords before quitting and coming home. Then at home, I installed the demo on my MacBook, but wanted to come back as an existing user. My option was to find an existing file, but I don't ever remember being asked to save one on my work machine. Have I done something wrong? Do I need to save something off somewhere on the work machine in order to work across machines?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Dropbox syncing is the recommend method. It works across all supported platforms and versions of 1Password. Please follow the steps in the User Guide to set it up:

Set up Dropbox syncing in 1Password

Essentially, just install Dropbox, click the button to enable Dropbox syncing in 1Password's preferences, wait for Dropbox to finish syncing. Then, on the other Mac, install Dropbox, wait for it to finish syncing, and 1Password should automatically detect your data in the Dropbox folder. If not, you can manually select it.

If you're having trouble, please let me know which step you are stuck on. I'd love to provide more assistance if you can provide some more details.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.