Sign in with anything?

Options

I upgraded my beta, and I’m trying to sign in to a website using "Sign In with Apple” and not only does 1password not prompt to save the information, I can’t figure out how to do it manually.

1Password Version: 8.7.3 (80703002)
Extension Version: 2.3.6
OS Version: macOS 12.5 Beta (21G5046c)
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hi @instanttim:

Great question! Just to confirm, are you using Safari, or another browser? Currently 1Password for your browser beta is required, and as we don't have a beta version of 1Password for Safari, you'll need to use another browser to try out Universal Sign On. Let me know!

Jack

• instanttim
    instanttim
    Community Member
    Options

oh, was that mentioned anywhere in the blog post? Because it’s odd to talk about a 1Password feature for macOS and not mention it doesn’t work with Safari. I know they only have 9% of the desktop market, but that number must be way higher on macOS (I hope!)

Would love a TestFlight program for the safari extension (I know you don’t use TestFlight, but just gentle suggestion since 1Password for Safari is macOS-specific anyway)

• Lee_B
    Lee_B
    Community Member
    Options

I got confused by that as well, I updated 1P8 and was wondering why it wasn't working. In 1P's defence, the blog doesn't mention macOS at all and does say at the bottom to join the 1p browser beta... saying that it would be good if it was clearer what versions it does / doesn't work on

• Ben
    Options

Thanks folks. Currently, this beta feature is not available within our Safari extension due to browser implementations requirements. We value your feedback and are working to make this available for use on Safari in the near future.

Would love a TestFlight program for the safari extension (I know you don’t use TestFlight, but just gentle suggestion since 1Password for Safari is macOS-specific anyway)

All of us internally that would like to be on the beta version of 1Password for Safari agree! 😉 One current challenge is that integration with the desktop app doesn't work with 1Password for Safari on TestFlight. So, no Touch ID, no mutual unlock, no sharing of accounts between the two, etc. As such, being on the beta isn't a great experience unless you're using it explicitly to test changes and not to preview new features. Hopefully that is something that can be addressed in the future.

Ben

• partydrone
    partydrone
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

The feature is now released, and I notice that the list of "supported" accounts for "sign in with" is limited to Apple, Facebook, and Google, as far as I can tell. I sign into many websites using other accounts, like GitHub and Twitch. So, I guess my questions are these:

1. Why is it a closed list in the first place? (Or, why can't I pick from any of my other login items?)
    2. When can we expect to see the list opening up with more options?
  • rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member
    Options

@partydrone I've too run into this issue early in the beta where i use GitHub to sign in with.

Having a fixed list seems a bit annoying. Especially when I come across a site that uses an obscure SSO provider,

Neil

• Hi @rctneil / @partydrone:

We chose a few providers to start with, but we're actively working on adding support for more. Stay tuned!

Jack

• edspar
    edspar
    Community Member
    Options

This feature feels annoying and half-baked honestly.
    When you're using a bunch of tabs or services that are all SSO-enabled by the same provider it's constantly wanting you to save the signing, for the thing you're already signed into. This just seems confusing on sites like Microsoft 365, Google Apps etc.

Why do I need to litter my vaults with all these extra things linked to the real login?

This discussion has been closed.