Filling issue with Universal Autofill and Chrome

Options
laurensclaessen
laurensclaessen
Community Member
This discussion was created from comments split from: "1Password can't verify that Safari should have access to your item".

Comments

• laurensclaessen
    laurensclaessen
    Community Member
    edited June 2022
    Options

Hi all, I recently started to have the same issue @skatch is describing.

I have been using cmd + \ pretty regularly since 1Password 8 and I have used it to fill credentials in Chrome. I'm sure it was automatically matching the correct websites without any more configuration. Right now it the autofill requires me to search first and confirm in a dialog afterwards.

I prefer not to use the browser extension for filling in credentials!

I must say I was on the BETA channel (now on NIGHTLY, to test for a potential update), so I might have introduced it this way.

--

1Password: 8.8.0 - 80800176, on NIGHTLY channel
    1Password browser extension: 2.3.6
    Chrome: 103.0.5060.53
    macOS: 12.3.1

• Hi @laurensclaessen:

Thanks for letting us know about this. This is something we're investigating, and hope to know more soon. Since it's not quite related to the original issue, I've gone ahead and split your post out into a new thread. In the meantime, using 1Password in your browser to fill would be your best bet.

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#16119

• laurensclaessen
    laurensclaessen
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick reply @Jack.P_1P.

Nice to know you are investigating this!

• spamminator
    spamminator
    Community Member
    Options

I've started to run into this issue as well.

1P: 80800165, on BETA channel
    NO browser extension installed
    Chrome: Version 104.0.5112.20 (Official Build) beta (arm64)
    MacOS: 12.4 (21F79)

• Hi @spamminator:

Thanks for letting us know. I've added you to the issue we have tracking this.

You're very welcome @laurensclaessen!

Jack

• rnielsen
    rnielsen
    Community Member
    Options

I'm seeing this too. Very annoying as I'm so used to cmd-\

iPassword Desktop: 1Password for Mac 8.8.0 - 80800203, on PRODUCTION channel
    1Password Chrome Extension: 2.3.7
    Chrome: Version 103.0.5060.134 (Official Build) (arm64)

• Hi @rnielsen:

Recent betas of 1Password 8 for Mac should have improved the state of play here. You can give our beta releases a try by following these steps: Use 1Password beta releases

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• rnielsen
    rnielsen
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, thanks, I'll try switching back to the betas again.

• spamminator
    spamminator
    Community Member
    Options

@Jack.P_1P Looks like the behavior is much improved in recent betas! Thanks so much. I'm still getting the occasional failure to fill on websites. Typically these are sites that have the username on one page and the password on the subsequent page, but the majority of sites I've tried work just fine.

1P: 80900001, on BETA channel
    NO browser extension installed
    Chrome: Version 105.0.5195.19 (Official Build) beta (arm64)
    MacOS: 12.4 (21F79)

• vishalsheth
    vishalsheth
    Community Member
    Options

I'm facing the same issue on Chrome and Safari. I feel something is broken. that combination does bring up the passwords but on selecting does not fill in.

• @rnielsen, @spamminator

On behalf of Jack, you're very welcome! I appreciate the updates and hope that the betas continue to treat you well. Let us know if we can help with anything. 🙂

@vishalsheth,

Thanks for letting us know, I've added you to our internal tracker regarding the issue. Are you currently using the beta? If not, I recommend trying it to see if that improves this behaviour: Use 1Password beta releases

Let me know how that goes or if you have any questions.

This discussion has been closed.