Shortcut for unlock with Watch gone

Options
phoefler
phoefler
Community Member
edited July 2022 in Mac

Hi,

I am on 1PW 8 on macOS (Monterey) and I am despareteily missing the shortcut to unlock 1pw with my watch.
When I switch to 1pw and the vault is locked, I can either type in my password or click on the watch button.
But there is no shortcut anymore - at least I am not aware of it. It was cmd + alt + I but it's no longer working.

Is this gone and can we get back the shortcut?

1Password Version: 8.7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.4
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• phoefler
    phoefler
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I am on 1PW 8 on macOS (Monterey) and I am despareteily missing the shortcut to unlock 1pw with my watch.
    When I switch to 1pw and the vault is locked, I can either type in my password or click on the watch button.
    But there is no shortcut anymore - at least I am not aware of it. It was cmd + alt + I but it's no longer working.

Is this gone and can we get back the shortcut?

• Hi @phoefler,

Thanks for contacting us. Hitting return on your keyboard should trigger the prompt for Apple Watch unlock.

Let me know how that works for you or if you have any other questions!

• phoefler
    phoefler
    Community Member
    Options

Hallo @andrew.l_1P

thanks for your reply.
    Sorry, I accidentally double posted my question (https://1password.community/discussion/comment/648010#Comment_648010)
    Hitting return is working most of the time - thanks for the hint. But when the textbox is not focused, it won't work. This happen's from time to time, so I would appreciate if the old cmd + alt + I shortcut would make its comeback to v8 :-)

• Hey @phoefler,

No worries at all. I can see my colleague Tommy was able to file your feedback so I'll go ahead and close this thread. Feel free to get in touch if there's anything else we can help you with! 😁

ref: IDEA-I-1329

This discussion has been closed.