Windows hello keeps "resetting"

Options

Ever since I got a new computer when I try and log in with 1password after I restart, 70% of the time it says windows hello was reset when I didn't do anything to it. Any idea why this is happening?

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Terethlor
    Terethlor
    Community Member
    Options

I have been getting the same "Password required after Windows Hello Reset" prompt on my Windows 11 machine and 1PW 8. I'm not quite sure why, might have something do to with Hibernate / Fast Boot. Probably something Microsoft has to fix though.

• Hi @EggsAndAvo / @Terethlor:

Thanks for letting us know about this. We're investigating a situation that could cause this. To dig in further, please email us at support+windows@1password.com, and in the email include the following:

1. Your forum username
    2. The link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/131397/windows-hello-keeps-resetting#latest
    3. Mention that you're having trouble with Windows Hello resetting.

We'll be able to take a closer look. 😀

Jack

• rzzz
    rzzz
    Community Member
    Options

I'm experiencing same thing here. I also have Bitwarden, never had to re-enter my master password as long as biometric wasn't reset or modified. 1Password is the only software in my system requires me to re-enter my password more often than any other service I've ever used. If any of my devices exposed to a keylogger, 1Password will be the first one to be comprised. lol

This discussion has been closed.