Open MacOS app when clicking "Edit" in chrome extension

Options
uhuhleuh
uhuhleuh
Community Member

When I click "Edit" in Chrome's extension menu, it opens the item in a new Chrome tab. I am sure not long ago it used to open somewhere else (the macOS app or an extension's popup window...). I know because I use "dark mode" everywhere, and the new edit tab's white background just punches me straight in the face. Besides the background color, editing an item on a chrome tab doesn't seem to allow moving the item to a different vault.

Did I mess up the settings somewhere? Did a config file change in a recent update? Is there a setting I can modify that will prompt the extension to call the macOS app, instead of opening one more UI with limited capabilities?

Thanks

1Password Version: 8.7.3
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: 12.4
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• @uhuhleuh

It could be that you recently had an update to Chrome. That can on occasion break the connection between the extension and the app. I had a Chrome update yesterday morning. It sounds like that may have happened. Please try the following.

1. Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click (Option-click) on the helper and select quit 1Password completely.
    2. Quit your browser, completely. Minimizing the widow would not be sufficient.
    3. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password from the Dock or the Applications folder and unlock.
    4. Open your browser.
  • uhuhleuh
    uhuhleuh
    Community Member
    edited July 2022
    Options

Hi Tommy. Your suggestion was spot on! Google started to release weekly updates, which always seem to break something else... Quit both, updated Chrome and run them again. They are talking to each other again. Thanks a lot!

• Dave_1P
    Options

@uhuhleuh

I'm happy to hear that Tommy's suggestion helped you to resolve the issue. 😊

This discussion has been closed.