Feature Request: Support Universal Autofill in apps created using WebCatalog

Options
2»

Comments

• ianjukes
    ianjukes
    Community Member
    Options

Is there any information on 1Password universal autofill interoperability with the new standalone "web apps" that Safari can create in Sonoma? Will this work?

Has anyone tried this in the Sonoma betas?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Browser: Not Provided

• Hi @ianjukes

Safari Web Apps coming in macOS Sonoma doesn't quite work with Universal AutoFill at this time. Universal Autofill fills in your login items if the app code signatures match, which can be an issue with Safari Web Apps since these web apps are ad-hoc signed that lack the cryptographic proof needed to back up their validity.

Our development team are actively working on what can be done to improve this so that Universal AutoFill can be filled into Safari Web Apps on Sonoma. So I'd recommend keeping 1Password updated and checking out our 1Password Releases for any changes regarding this:

• ianjukes
    ianjukes
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @jac.pd_1p -- thank you for the very quick answer, however this is massively disappointing. This might be the final thing that makes me drop my 1Password subscription. I've been a paying customer for over a decade, but the ongoing lack of support for standalone browsers (WebCatalog, Coherence X4, Unite -- and now Apple's own implementation) is baffling. I've been given the "app code signatures" explanation again-and-again for over a year without any word on a solution or a different approach. I have suggested an option that allows us as customers to downgrade the security, a simple checkbox option in the preferences that allows the app code signature check to be overridden -- even with a strong warning -- would be preferable. Really disappointed.

• ianjukes
    ianjukes
    Community Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

Cross referencing this comment for those following this discussion. Looks like Sonoma will launch next week without 1Password supporting Apple's own implementation of standalone web apps as well. 😔

https://1password.community/discussion/comment/695490

• Dave_1P
    edited September 2023
    Options

@ianjukes

I've merged your threads together so that we can keep the conversation in the same place.

-Dave

• br_
    br_
    Community Member
    Options

I just want to +1 this and voice my interest in support for autofilling on adhoc-signed apps.

• Dave_1P
    edited January 8
    Options

@br_

Thank you for the request! Can you provide some examples of the ad-hoc signed apps that you'd personally like to use Universal Autofill with so that I can pass those along to the team?

As of version 8.10.22, you can now use Universal Autofill to fill into Safari Web Apps. 🙂

-Dave