Cannot edit generated password

Options
DTC57
DTC57
Community Member

I used to be able to edit a generated password - a useful feature has gone away in the new MacOS version. I like to create a memorable password and then adjust it by adding special characters. Can't do this any more. Whyever not?

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.5
Browser:_ Firefox
Referrer: forum-search:Editable password when generating

Comments

• Hi @DTC57,

Glad to hear you're taking advantage of generated passwords! Though editing no longer takes place within the password generator itself in 1Password 8, you can edit your password after it's been entered into the login item. After clicking Use on the password generator your text cursor will automatically start on the end of your new password so you can start typing immediately:

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

• DTC57
    DTC57
    Community Member
    Options

Does this also apply to the browser plugins (in particular to the Firefox plugin)? I had a case yesterday where I had to generate a new password and I still couldn't work out how to do it without recourse to a separate editor (in this case the Notes application on the Mac)

• Hey @DTC57,

I tested this out in Firefox and it indeed works the same there. I'd recommend double checking that both 1Password and Firefox are up to date. If the problem persists after that, a screenshot might help me better understand what you're seeing. Careful not to include any sensitive information:

Looking forward to resolving this with you!

• DTC57
    DTC57
    Community Member
    Options

It is OK now. Maybe I had an older plug-in. Thanks ;-)

• Anytime, @DTC57! I'm glad it's working. 🎉

This discussion has been closed.