when I switch to Brave it keeps switching to 1Password 8

Options
fccjr
fccjr
Community Member

I upgraded from 7 to 8 on Mac os. Now whenever I use the switcher to go to Brave (Command + Tab), 1password goes to the front application immediately and several times. It continues to do that. (There is also some other wonkiness.) I see that I have two extensions, and the older one is active (2.3.7).
I also have the app on my iPhone (I looked around but can't tell what version.).
In my Dropbox, I have a 1Password folder with 2 files (legacyagilekeychain and opvault). I believe the two platforms are continuing to sync. I also have a file in my phone dropbox that seems not to be on my Mac dropbox called .ws.agile.1Password.settings. It is says it was last modified 3 years ago. (Maybe I don't see it because it starts with a period.)

I assume I should delete the stuff on dropbox and the older extension on my Mac. I will need to make the newer extension active. Will I need to do other setup for it once I do?

Is all that right?

Do I need to do anything for my Apple Watch

Do I need to do anything else?

1Password Version: 8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.90
OS Version: 10.15.7
Browser:_ Brave
Referrer: forum-search:when I switch to Brave it keeps switching to 1Password 8

Comments

• Hi @fccjr:

1Password 8 uses a 1Password account, and doesn't sync using iCloud or Dropbox. 1Password 8 additionally doesn't support the 1Password classic extension, only our newer 1Password in the browser extension. You can uninstall the 1Password classic extension.

Having both extensions installed might also be causing 1Password to come to the front when you switch to Brave, so removing that should improve your state of play.

You can confirm that everything is migrated to your 1Password account by signing in to my.1Password.com. After everything looks good, you can remove the Primary vault from your other devices, and only use your 1Password account.

Since your Apple Watch is connected with 1Password on your Phone, you won't need to do anything.

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• fccjr
    fccjr
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Jack
    I had already contacted support and they helped me with deleting some things. I was not able to reliably reproduce the problem I was having so maybe that has been fixed.

• ag_tommy
    edited August 2022
    Options

Sounds good @fccjr Let us know if it changes and if it does, we'll be here to help. Have a great evening!

• colemanm
    colemanm
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having this issue, too, with 1P 8.9.13 and Brave 1.46.153. I only have the 1 latest version of the extension installed...

I already had 1P 8 set up for a few months, and this seems to have started with the latest update to the browser which I ran this morning. Can't figure out how to reliably reproduce but noticing the same thing as the OP on the alt-tabbing behavior over to Brave.

Any other steps I could try than the above?

Thanks!

• colemanm
    colemanm
    Community Member
    Options

For additional context, it seems like the 1Password window (the full application) also periodically jumps in front of the browser while I'm switching tabs or navigating pages, not just switching over to the browser with alt-tab.

• @colemanm

I'm sorry that you're also running into the issue. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.