How do I install 1P on a new PC? I bought the product in 2011. I have an order # and license key.

Options
alnbobby
alnbobby
Community Member
edited July 2022 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I bought a new Windows 11 PC to replace my old PC. How do I install 1Password on the new PC? I bought 1Password in 2011 and it uses Dropbox for vaulting. I have an order # and a license key .... but I don't have a security key or emergency kit. Thx.

1Password Version: 4
Extension Version: 6.2.626
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:How do I install 1P on a new PC? I bought the product in 2011. I have an order # and license key

Comments

• Hi @alnbobby:

While you're entitled to use the version of 1Password you've purchased for as long as you're able to, we strongly recommend using the most up to date version of 1Password possible. 1Password is a security product, and part of practicing good security habits is keeping your software up to date. 1Password 4 for Windows was last updated nearly 5 years ago, and we're limited in the support we can offer for it at this point. Migrating to a 1Password membership would be your best bet, as we no longer sell standalone licenses, and 1Password 8 only works with 1Password accounts, and doesn't support standalone vaults.

You can reach out to our dedicated migrations team at support+tradein@1password.com to get the ball rolling on that, and they'll also be able to see if you're eligible for any discounts. We are offering 50% off your first three years of a 1Password membership if you trade in your license, and they would be able to apply that for you. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our helpful robot assistant with a support ID that looks like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that support ID here, and I'll be able to connect the dots and make sure your email has gotten to the right place.

Jack

• alnbobby
    alnbobby
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your response Jack. I did reach out to the migrations team and BitBot responded (Support ID #ISK-45358-184). In the response it was stated that I can get "... first 3 years at 50% off when you sign up for a 1Password membership ..." and for an annual Family plan it stated a price of "$29.925 USD with discount." However, I'm not clear if or how the discount is applied. When I go to the 1Password website, it states $4.99/month billed annually. Any thoughts on how best to proceed with this upgrade with respect to getting the discount? Thanks!

• alnbobby
    alnbobby
    Community Member
    Options

Nevermind. There's a link in the message that appears to point me in the right place. I'll get back if there are issues. Thx.

• alnbobby
    alnbobby
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for the multiple replies. I didn't see the discount for the Family plan. Can you point me to a link that gives me the discounted price ($29.925/yr) for the 3 years?? Thx.

• Ben
    Options

Hey @alnbobby

No worries. I've asked our migration team to get back to you with that info. They should be in touch via email soon. 👍️

Ben

ref: ISK-45358-184

This discussion has been closed.