Chrome browser extension in Opera not linking to Desktop app

Options

Recently decided to try out Opera and installed the Chrome extension for 1password, however it is not integrating with the Desktop app that is unlocked and running too. Have tried rebooting the PC after installing the extension.

Both the extension and the desktop app have the setting for integrating w the other turned on.

The extension + desktop integration works w Edge or Chrome (both are also installed on this pc), it's only w Opera that it does not work.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.4.1
OS Version: Windows 10 21H2
Browser:_ Opera GX

Comments

• ChameleonDevil
    ChameleonDevil
    Community Member
    edited October 2022
    Options

1Password v8.x support for Opera GX

I am trying to follow up here of when Opera GX would get support for linking Desktop application to Browser Extension.

I have to manually login to both separately (desktop app/browser extension).

@Nelsab did you find a workaround at this point?

Relevant information: This is the chrome.google.com extension, currently at v2.3.8 (September 2022) which another user used according to this thread.

I have no idea where OP found a v2.4.1 in July as it is not available anywhere

1Password Version: 8.8.0
    Extension Version: 2.3.8
    Extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-–-password-mana/aeblfdkhhhdcdjpifhhbdiojplfjncoa
    OS Version: Windows 10
    Browser: Opera GX  LVL4 (core: 90.0.4480.117)

This discussion has been closed.