How do I add a box on my Mac to sync my data via iCloud?

mbk28
mbk28
Community Member

my devices are sync on iCloud, but can't sync with my Mac, the 1password website can't add a new box

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: 13.0 (22A5295i)
Browser:_ safari
Referrer: forum-search:addition of a box on safari Mac to sync on icloud

Comments

• @mbk28

You indicate that you are using 1Password 8.8. It does not have the capability to sync via iCloud. It sounds like you might have a mis-match in terms of sync setup. Does one or more of your devices sync to iCloud? The Mac would be using your membership. Occasionally, folks may mis categorize iCloud as 1Password.com. Please let me know how each device is setup.

• This is an open, public community. Please do not post private information here. If you would like a one on one exchange, consider emailing us using support+forum@1password.com

Off-hand, it sounds as if you made the move to a membership and did not remove the Primary vault from your other devices.

1. Check to make sure all of your data is available on https://my.1password.com and ensure you have a copy of your Emergency Kit.

2. If needed, add your account to the device. * It may already be present. How to add your 1Password account to the apps

3. If needed copy any items from your Primary vault to your membership vault (Personal/Private) that are not already present. * Please be sure you have the most up-to-date information in your Personal vault. * You may need to do this on each device.

4. Remove the Primary vault.

• If the Primary is on multiple devices and was NOT syncing, you'll likely need to repeat these steps on each device to ensure no data loss.
This discussion has been closed.