How to move archived items from one vault to another

Options
hobbes444
hobbes444
Community Member

I would like to move all the archived items of Vault A to Vault B. They should remain archived items, simply inside Vault B. I am using 1P8 for Mac.

I'm sure it's simple, I just can't figure it out. If I go to archive, I see all archived items and I can't see how to filter for a specific vault. If I navigate to Vault A in the side bar, it does not display the archived items.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: macOS 12.5
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• andrew.l_1P
    edited July 2022
    Options

Hi @hobbes444,

Thanks for bringing this up. Searching and organizing within the Archive isn't currently possible the same way it is within other parts of 1Password, but I think it's a great idea and have added your use case to our internal tracker. We're always looking for ways to improve and having context allows us to make a better case for new features, so I appreciate you sharing your situation.

In the meantime, I can suggest a workaround. Depending on how many items you'd like to move, it may be worth dragging them into the desired vault directly from the Archive. You can click and drag single items, or select multiple by holding shift + down arrow or shift + clicking.

I recognize you asked specifically about moving all the archived items from a certain vault though, so a workaround for that would involve utilizing collections, here are the steps:

1. Create a new collection that contains only the vault from which you'd like to move items
    2. Navigate to this new collection > Archive
    3. After clicking an item in the Archive, press command + A on your keyboard to select all
    4. Right-click an item and select Move
    5. Select the desired vault

You can repeat these steps for as many vaults as necessary, and collections can be managed and deleted from the same menu where they were created.

Let me know how this works for you and thank you again for sharing your feedback with us. 🙂

ref: IDEA-I-929

• hobbes444
    hobbes444
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks I was able to workaround it with the collection containing the Vault A only. I did not need any tag though, I could select all in the Archive of this collection, then select "Move...", that was it.

Thanks!

• Good catch, @hobbes444!

I'll update those instructions so they're easier for anyone who might need them in the future.

Glad you were able to move your items though, have a great day. 😁

This discussion has been closed.