Yet another request for gift cards...

drobins9
drobins9
Community Member

Hello- 1 password is my favorite password manager, and I have subscribed for a few years now. It's a little flaky, but they all are.

I see for years people have asked for the ability to store gift cards. The responses have been, "We don't want to add more categories to the 20 we already have, including most that people don't use," and, "Maybe we'll have the ability to have custom categories someday."

Gift cards are something that most belong in a "wallet." Everyone has gift cards. And everything is going electronic. I currently use Raise but always wonder, "What if they shut down on me?"

Whether you design a category for gift cards or the ability to have custom categories, we need the ability to add gift cards! That needs the ability to show the relevant bar codes for each, which more/most retailers accept today. You don't need to automatically refresh the balances for us- I understand that would be much more complex, and there are only 1 or 2 apps that do that today, and they are otherwise poorly designed. Most apps require us to enter the amount we spent or the new balance to keep track of the balance, and that is fine. But there is so much value in having all of your gift cards with you all the time, and being able to use them in your "wallet." Let's do this!

Thank you for listening.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @drobins9, thanks for your request for a Gift Cards category. While this is an older post, I believe you are referring to is this conversation here, for other's that may be interested.

We are listening and your thoughts about the ability to add custom categories is a feature request we're currently tracking. I've added a +1 for you there. Thanks for your feedback!

ref: IDEA-I-374

This discussion has been closed.