New logins don't auto-offer to save

Since the new version was installed on my Mac when I login to a new site 1P no longer offers to save my login. Which is super annoying. Sometimes there is a box that pops up while I am filling in the form that says "Save in 1Password", even though I am not finished filling out the login. And sometimes I have to go to the right of the login field and click on the 1P icon and then choose Save in 1P. But I shouldn't have to do any of that before hitting login. It should recognize that there isn't already a login for this site and offer to save it once I am done and hit "login". Sometimes I don't remember to preemptively tell it to save it. I shouldn't have to make that decision for 1P (to offer to save it). It should be doing that for me.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: 11.5.2
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:logins wont auto save

Comments

• DenalBDenalB
    Community Member

Hi @phirenze !

Sometimes there is a box that pops up while I am filling in the form that says "Save in 1Password", even though I am not finished filling out the login.

That's exactly the way 1Password in the browser extension works. You have to use the popup to save new logins.
    Save a login with the browser extension

But as you wrote, this popup appears before you are logged in correctly, and it could happen that you save credentials that don't work. So you have to edit or delete these saved credentials.

There are some feature requests for changing this process. Hopefully this will be realized in the near future.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file