Login with new 1Password 8 version on Windows 10 does not work

thomcheezy
thomcheezy
Community Member

After I updated 1Password on my company's computer to version 8, I am not able to login with my password. The prompt window says, that there are maybe typos and I should try again. I tried several times, even with advanced settings like checking secret and email. If I try to login on the browser, the password still works. As well on my mobile phone, the password works without any problems.

I am quite sure that my company is somehow blocking the auth calls from the new version.

I am using Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise.

The only actual solution was not install v7 again, which works.

Best, Thomas

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise.
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hello @thomcheezy, I'm sorry that you've encountered this issue with signing into 1Password 8.

From what you've described, it sounds like you are inputting the password correctly, as well as the other login information. I think your intuition that something is blocking the auth calls is likely correct.

Our Windows support team will be happy to help you with this. Doing so will likely involve discussing specifics of your system or environment - and for that reason I'll ask you to send us a short email at support+windows@1Password.com, with a link to this discussion. That way our team can get started on figuring out what specifically is causing the issue here.

In order to speed our troubleshooting, it would also be helpful to have a diagnostic report from your 1Password app. Fortunately, the app can generate this for you even when you can't log in! Here's what to do:

How to Send Us Diagnostics

1. Click the Windows icon in the lower part of your screen. A list of programs will pop up (select "All Programs", if you're using Windows 11).
    2. Select 1Password, which will be located near the very top of the list beneath a # symbol.
    3. When 1Password opens, click the (⋮) icon in the top-left corner.
    4. Then select Settings > Advanced > Send Diagnostics.
    5. Typically, 1Password saves the file to your desktop. Click Reveal to see for yourself.
    6. Attach that file to the email you send to us.

Again, my apologies that you've encountered the problem, and we'll get this resolved for you as quickly as possible. We'll keep an eye out for your email! 👋

• thomcheezy
    thomcheezy
    Community Member

Thx @PeterG_1P - the mail is sent with the report attached

• Excellent, thank you @thomcheezy! We will follow up with you there (assuming you haven't heard from us already). 👍

This discussion has been closed.