Is v8 a mistake edition?

bndt206bndt206
Community Member

Looking around on the internet it quickly become apparent that V8 isn't exactly going down well with the users, and I get a bit of Windows 8 deja vu.

So my question is, does Agilebits acknowledge this and are they working hard on fixing the "misalignments" or is Agilebits' perception that this is a great update and everything is going according to plan?

br. Peter

ps. I recently tried v8 and quickly uninstalled it, as some of my most used features had been removed.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• GreatScottGreatScott
    Community Member

From what I've read v8 is a complete overhaul with a new UI, and there is significant feature regression. The good news is that as best I can tell it's being worked on and will get better.

• DenalBDenalB
    Community Member

For me, v8 is a good experience. Started using the beta when it was released on Windows. Yes, there were a lot of features missing, but in the last month some of them came back. Also, I had to get used to the new UI and the behavior. But now I don't want to go back to v7. 👍

• ag_mike_dag_mike_d

Team Member

Hi @bndt206,

Thanks for your feedback! @GreatScott and @DenalB are correct. 1Password 8 was built from the ground up and we're continuing to add and look at ways improve other features that you may have found missing, but previously existing in version 7.

If there's a specific feature you're finding that you can't live without, reverting to 1Password 7 for Windows is certainly an option. However, our product team is always interested in learning from our customers where we can make improvements. Could you let us know what feature(s) you're not seeing that you use regularly? We're happy to advocate for you and file new feature requests or cast a vote on your behalf for already filed requests.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file