1Password pop-up Incorrect

Options
stevenj
stevenj
Community Member

Hello,
Please see attached image. 1Passowrd suggests a password that is not correct for this website (NY Times). I tried deleting the entry completely and re-creating, but it still suggests an incorrect one. I believe that the password it's suggesting was an old/previous one. It does this on Firefox and Safari. Any suggestions to clear this one out? thanks everyone!

1Password Version: 8.80
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: OSX 12.5
Browser:_ Firefox/Safari

Comments

• Hi @stevenj:

Do you happen to have an Identity item containing that email address? Let me know!

Jack

• stevenj
    stevenj
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jack,
    probably yes....

• stevenj
    stevenj
    Community Member
    Options

yes, I do. for sure, I checked...

• stevenj
    stevenj
    Community Member
    Options

bump hello jack?

• stevenj
    stevenj
    Community Member
    Options

Anyone ?

• Hi @stevenj:

I'm sincerely sorry for not getting back to you until now. We're investigating a situation where 1Password in the browser tries to treat the New York Times log-in page as a sign-up page, in which case it will show Identity emails there, rather than matching Login items.

Updating your Identity item to have your current email should resolve things.

Let me know how you get on with that!

Additionally, so we can take a closer look, I'd like you to collect some page details. Follow these steps:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in the browser's toolbar when on the New York Times login page
    2. Hover your mouse over "Help" and select "Collect Page Structure".
    3. This should download a file ending with ".json". Please email that to support+x@1password.com

You'll receive a reply from BitBot with a support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message to us and ensure it's gotten to the right place.

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#10413

• stevenj
    stevenj
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jack,
    I've sent the file to the email address in your note. I will post the number when I receive a return email.

When you suggest changing my email to my current email, I'm not sure what you mean. The email for my identity is my current email.

• stevenj
    stevenj
    Community Member
    Options

here's the number: [#FQT-24276-898]

• stevenj
    stevenj
    Community Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hello again,
    rather than start a new thread, please see attached screen cap to see a similiar issue...

• Hey @stevenj,

Can you provide me with a little bit more information on the behaviour you are seeing on this site?

If the item is being incorrectly suggested can you let me know the URL of that item or send a screenshot of the item so we can take a look? Please be mindful to hide any personal information before doing so I am mainly looking to see the website URL.

Thank you!

• stevenj
    stevenj
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,
    never saw your reply Steph. I had forgotten that I had already posted previously, but just now started a new thread with the same issue - my new post includes the info you requested.

This discussion has been closed.