can we default to TPM company wide?

dear 1 pw team,

i would find it usefull since we can use tpm in version 8+ on windows now that we default to use tpm.
is there a central setting for this?
is there a disadvantage in using tpm?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Christian_XYZR
    Christian_XYZR
    Community Member

by the way THANNNNNKKKKKKKYOU for version 8 MSI package.
    we are rolling now.

• Hi Christian_XYZR,

is there a central setting for this?

Currently, we only officially support MDM settings for 1Password 7 for Mac, iOS, and Android. My understanding is our team is looking into introducing some form of MDM configuration to the newer 1Password 8 apps as well. I'll go ahead and pass on your request here.

is there a disadvantage in using tpm?

TPM is largely a convenience feature that makes it that much faster to unlock 1Password and access your data upon quitting the app or doing a system restart. If you're comfortable having 1Password delegate the responsibility of authentication to Windows Hello, I personally cannot think of any downside here. More on that here

by the way THANNNNNKKKKKKKYOU for version 8 MSI package.

I know our development team worked hard to get this released, and I'm sure they'll be happy to hear your feedback. 🎉

• Christian_XYZR
    Christian_XYZR
    Community Member

hi @ag_max,

theoretically you could also drive down settings within the app / central services (at least the defaults applied and not locally overwritten)
    enforcements should always be part of MDM / desktop software distribution plattforms.
    i am speaking mainly about windows 10 / 11 plattform.

• HI @Christian_XYZR,

I'll add your comments to our feature requests for MDM support in 1Password for Windows.

Thanks for the suggestion.

• eingfoan
    eingfoan
    Community Member

Bringing down meaningfull defaults by central policy would also make sense for me.
    (I would not like to force them down but use them as default)

• Thanks for adding your voice to this, @eingfoan.

ref: IDEA-I-1653

This discussion has been closed.