Home page doesn't display configured categories

Options
sosomario
sosomario
Community Member

I've configured my home page as displayed in the screenshots; configuring my home page as such doesn't display anything. But when I select ALL the available categories then some of them show-up. **How do I configure this properly? ** If 1PW can't find the two categories (i.e. 'Recently used' and 'Frequently used') it shouldn't make the home page look like nothing was configured. Some options would be to display those categories and say something like: "Haven't found anything yet" Or to come up with some common-sense defaults (e.g. look at the modification date of items and seed these categories appropriately)

1Password Version: 8.9.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.5
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Home page doesn't display configured categories

Comments

• CRWM
    CRWM
    Community Member
    Options

Please give us the option to add Categories to the Home Screen, for those of us who want to Customize 1PW8 to make it similar to 1PW7 Home Screen.

Also please give us the option to add the Search bar to both the Home Screen and every tab, Category, Vault, etc. just like 1PW7.

Not having the Search bar everywhere makes 1PW8 barely usable. Who wants to scroll to try & find a needle in a haystack when looking in a specific Category or Vault?

Thank you

• sosomario
    sosomario
    Community Member
    Options

Bump?

• fdavis99
    fdavis99
    Community Member
    Options

++Search on every tab! Best part of v7, worst loss in v8. And I was so confused that Categories weren’t up top. Found a way to add them and move to top, but I’d vote for that to be the default.

• @sosomario

That's an odd one and I can't say I have seen it reported previously. Have you tried reinstalling the app. I would also mention using 15.5. If you have not updated recently please make sure you are on 15.6.1

• ag_tommy
    edited August 2022
    Options

@fdavis99 @CRWM

I've passed along your feedback to the team.

ref: IDEA-I-1691

• CRWM
    CRWM
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy thanks for the update. I truly hope your team gives us search on every tab as an option to enable/disable as soon as possible. That would be an immediate UX upgrade and make the usability workflow more like 1PW7 for those of us who want it that way. (For those who don’t, they could disable the option)
    Thank you!

• I am a huge fan of options. 😊 👍

This discussion has been closed.