1Password 8 for iOS not autofilling 2FA codes?

Options
ChrisJenkins
ChrisJenkins
Community Member

I have been using 1Password 8 on Mac for ages now and I just updated my iOS devices from 1Password 7 to 1Password 8. I am finding that on iOS, when 1Password autofills login ata for me it doesn't;seem to copy/fill any associated 2FA codes as it does on Mac. is this expected? Do I have an incorrect setting somewhere? It is kind of annoying :-(

1Password Version: 8.9.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.6
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• mashoe
    mashoe
    Community Member
    Options

In Safari, click on the Aa/Extension icon > Manage Extensions. Enable 1Password, the app logo looks slightly different to the previous one.

Google auto fills the 2FA code but not Microsoft for me. I wonder if it’s site specific. I have to click on the small 1Password icon in the text field > tap the saved login.

• ChrisJenkins
    ChrisJenkins
    Community Member
    Options

I have the extension enabled already. The issue seems to be that the iOS built-in autofill, which integrates with 1Password and which proactively pops-up and offers to autofill things, doesn't handle 2FA codes. You have to manually invoke the 1Password extension within Safari each time and then it will autofill 2FA. Problem is, on my iPhone I can't see a 1Password icon anywhere in Safari even though the extension is enabled in settings?

• Hi @ChrisJenkins :

iOS' AutoFill feature only allows 1Password to automatically fill in username and password fields in apps and browsers when you tap your login items above your keyboard. However, we're able to copy your one-time passwords to your clipboard when using AutoFill which allows you to paste them when you're asked for your one-time password.

You can check that you have this setting enabled by doing the following:
    1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Tap your accounts and collections in the top left, then tap Settings.
    3. Tap AutoFill, then make sure "Copy One-Time Passwords" is enabled.

Also you've mentioned having some difficulty seeing 1Password for Safari. Could you head to Settings > Safari > Extensions > 1Password, then make sure that 1Password is enabled and that Other Websites is set to Allow?

• mark24332
    mark24332
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem. Autofill is not working on 1PW 8 for iOS. I have autofill enabled in 1PW and in iOS under copy one time passwords. Still not working. I'd swear this used to work in the past (autofill the 2FA).

• mark24332
    mark24332
    Community Member
    Options

Ah I misread the comments. So the feature is blocked on Apple iOS. Hmm then I am probably mistaken vs macOS where the 2FA is auto-filled. Is it an Apple limitation on iOS?

• @mark24332

With password autofill, enable the TOTP notifications within 1Password > Settings > Notifications and then after filling your details you should be able to paste into the field to fill the TOTP. It's not automatic like on the Mac. On macOS it is possible for the extension to fill the code.

• mark24332
    mark24332
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Tommy

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2023
    Options

Anytime. We're always ready to help.

This discussion has been closed.