Editing from Watchtower on IP8 is Super Annoying

Options
brandonmarkb
brandonmarkb
Community Member

User since 2009 here. I like a lot about IP8 but there are a few issues I have.

First, I've literally seen saved edits not commit. I'll edit a password or add a URL, hit save, open up the entry again and have my old password there, or won't have the URL saved. Super annoying.

Second, Watchtower on iOS is great. It has gotten me to work through some of the suggestions. But doing so has highlighted a super-annoying UX behavior. Here's what I'm seeing:

1. I click through one of the Watchtower suggestions, like "weak passwords"
  2. I click on the entry and hit the edit button. I'm now in edit mode.
  3. I hit "create new password" (really hate the location of this by the way)
  4. I have 1P8 create a new password.
  5. I hit "save", with the plan being that I'll copy/paste that new password into my website settings and change it there.
  6. Here's where I have an issue. It's super annoying. After hitting "save", instead of 1P showing me the entry screen, just not in edit mode, it FULLY backs me out to the Watchtower screen where that entry was--e.g., as an entry listed with a weak password. Except, IT NO LONGER IS THERE BECAUSE IT NO LONGER HAS A WEAK PASSWORD.
  7. So now, I have to search for the entry, open it up, and hit the copy button.

What I would like to have happen:
1. Once I hit the edit button on the entry and create a new password and hit save, JUST TAKE ME BACK TO THE ENTRY. I can copy the password there, and then I can hit the back button to go back to Watchtower and work through the next item.

Watchtower is great, but this behavior makes me not want to use it.

Finally, one additional suggestion would be to immediately copy an edited password to the clipboard the moment I hit save, then, even if you did feel the need to back me all the way out to the entries list, I would have the password in my clipboard and wouldn't have to go find it.

1Password Version: 1Password 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 16 Public Beta
Browser:_ Safari

This discussion has been closed.