1Passowrd 8 for Android on Honor Magic Pro 4 Magic UI6, Android 12 doesnt work, can I go back to 7

Options
LoonyToonz
LoonyToonz
Community Member

HI
I upgrade to 1Password 8 on Android on my Honor Magic Pro 4, with Magic UI 6, Android 12.
It does not work properly, there is no autofill option for Web browsers either Chrome or Firefox, App autofill is terrible, in Instagram for example it doesnt offer autofill for the username, and passwords come up at the top of the keyboard to be picked, but I have two instagram accounts and no matter which username I enter, it offers both accounts as the passwords.

this funtionality is next to useless

1Password Version: 8.9.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 12, Magic UI5 6
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @LoonyToonz, thanks for letting us know Autofill has been an issue for you on your Honor Magic Pro.

To start, please check for any updates to your browser, keyboard and 1Password.

Next I'd like to ask you to try the following:
    1. Restart your device.
    2. Open and unlock 1Password.
    3. Tap Settings > Autofill.
    4. Confirm Autofill is on then set Show filling suggestions off.
    5. Open a browser and navigate to a website where you've previously used Autofill.
    6. Tap the username or password field.

Do you see an Open 1Password prompt in the suggestion strip of your keyboard? If not, refresh the page and tap the username or password field again. If not, let us know which website and browser you used to try those steps.

The most recent version of 1Password 8, version 8.9.2., includes some Autofill improvements and I can now fill both field as expected in the Instagram app. If the update is available on your device, let us know if you see the same. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.