1P Chrome extension won't repopulate the password field after being timed-out in BambooHR site

I use the BambooHR web app daily - have it pinned in my Chrome browser. BambooHR logs users out after (?) minutes of inactivity.

When I try to log back in, the 1Password Chrome extension always recommends a new password rather than supplying my existing password.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: macOS 12.4
Browser:_ Chrome 104.0.5112.79 (arm64)
Referrer: forum-search:bamboohr

Comments

• chrism229
    chrism229
    Community Member
    edited August 2022

Similar issue with Vivaldi and the FedEx website. Mostly it works fine, but with a pinned tracking tab it seems the browser extension times out and locks, but fails to show a locked icon and won't unlock. I have to go to extensions, disable and then re-enable it to get it to work.

MacOS 12.5, MBA M1
    Vivaldi 5.4.2753.33 (Stable channel) (arm64)
    1PW extension 2.3.7

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2022

Hey @beadhead, thanks for bringing this one up. It sounds like the extension hasn't timed out - rather, it is making the wrong suggestion in the field. Can you get to the page with that password field and then collect some details for me?

1. Go to the page/form with the filling issue. Do not fill any information on that page/form.
    2. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar.
    3. Click Help and choose Collect Page Structure.
    4. 1Password will save a .json file to your "Downloads" folder.

Attach the .json file to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.
    With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @chrism229, that is a weird behavior and I'm glad your workaround helps. Just curious though, does it only happen on the FedEx website? Do you use the extension by itself or does it integrate with the 1Password app?

• beadhead
    beadhead
    Community Member

Thanks for the assist @Joy_1P !!

Support ID is [#KCW-38366-936]

• chrism229
    chrism229
    Community Member
    edited August 2022

Joy_1P, it happens with other pinned tabs too, notably if I pin my tracking page at canadapost.com, my log-in there expires after a certain time, and then I have to sign in again, but the 1PW icon does not appear in the log-in fields until I switch off the extension and then re-enable it. And this is using 1PW 8 and my 1PW account.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2022

@beadhead I've found your ticket and have filed an issue for the page on the site. Sorry for any confusion and thanks for bringing this one up to our attention!

ref: dev/core/core/-/issues/7314

This discussion has been closed.