1password 8 not working on Android

Atnaize
Atnaize
Community Member

Hey !

I recently switched from 1password 7 to 1password 8 on my Xiaomi Redmi note 9S.

Since the change, the passwords can't be auto filled neither in browsers (chrome, firefox) nor in any application.

The 1password app can be opened with biometric touch. And the application looks good.

Outside the 1password app, the suggestions (with different login) appears in the keyboard but clicking on them doesn't do anything.

I'm stuck.
I removed the app, rebooted my smartphone, reinstalled the app. Still no success so far ...
Please help me 😢

Comments

• Hi @Atnaize,

As you are using a Xiaomi device, you may be encountering an issue we have identified with permissions assigned to the 1Password app on Xiaomi devices.

Could you please try enabling the Display pop-up windows while running in the background permission in the 1Password 8 for Android app by following the steps below, to see if autofill suggestions will fill in login fields when tapped:

1. Open your device settings
    2. Tap Apps > Manage apps > 1Password 8 > Other permissions > Enable "Display pop-up windows while running in the background".

Let me know how that goes! :)

• saravanbichi
    saravanbichi
    Community Member

Hello,
    Since upgrading to ver. 8, 1Password has stopped working on my Samsung Galaxy 8 (Android ver. 9). I can start the app but when I select any item or tag (password account), the app ends. I've tried clearing the cache, re-starting, and uninstalling and re-installing (twice). Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Art.

• Atnaize
    Atnaize
    Community Member

@BrendanR1P It is working after changing the permission :-)
    Thanks 👍

• SomebodySomewhere
    SomebodySomewhere
    Community Member

Here the same:
    Since upgrading to version 8 (7 we have delete)
    1Password has stopped working on both our Samsung Galaxy S8, Android 9.
    We can start the app by password and than it's directly gone.
    It shut down.
    We tried emty the cache, re-start, uninstalling and re-installing.
    Clean up the phones serverall times
    Please help.
    I can not good english.

• Hi @SomebodySomewhere & @saravanbichi,

As you've both mentioned your devices are running Android 9, I suspect the crash you've described is related to one we identified with the update to 80902003 specifically on Android 9 devices. Our development team has marked this as a high priority and is already testing a fix internally. We should have the fix available in upcoming beta and production releases.

If you require access to 1Password on your Android device in the meantime until the fix is available for 1Password 8 for Android, as long as you had installed 1Password 7 for Android on one of your devices via the Google Play Store at some point, you can install 1Password 7 for Android on the device again alongside 1Password 8 for Android by following the steps below:

1. Open the Google Play Store
    2. Tap the profile icon in the top right (usually your initials)
    3. Tap Manage apps and devices
    4. Tap Manage
    5. Tap Installed, then tap Not Installed
    6. Tap 1Password 7 - Password Manager, then tap the green Install button.

I hope this helps! :)

• WWisey
    WWisey
    Community Member

The solution provided by @Atnaize above to enable "Display Pop Up" is not available on the newest android versions, no "other permissions" are available. Version 8 does not autofill, no option to autofill on websites in chrome, Firefox or edge browsers.

• Hi @WWisey, sorry to hear about the trouble with Autofill. The Display Pop up setting is specific to Xiaomi devices, so if you're using a device made by another manufacturer, those steps won't apply.

As most of the issues discussed here involve intermittent or app specific filling issues, I'd like to ask you to reach out to us via email directly at support@1password.com with a brief description of the issue. This will allow us to look into any problem more closely and help you resolve the issue. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot with a support ID that looks like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to make sure your message got to the right place.

This discussion has been closed.