Face ID Not Working

kyswisherkyswisher
Community Member
edited September 7 in iOS

I have upgraded to 1Password 8 for Mac. Yesterday I had to re-set my iPhone settings and since then I cannot use Face ID to open 1Password. I have re-installed the 1Password app, checked to make sure 1Password is approved for using Face ID on my phone. Can you advise?

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.6
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:face recognition not working

Comments

• Jack.P_1PJack.P_1P

Team Member

Hi @kyswisher:

To confirm, are you running into trouble with using Face ID on your iPhone to unlock 1Password for iPhone? If so, which version of 1Password do you have on your iPhone, 1Password 7 or 1Password 8? Let me know!

Jack

• ImJohnHimeImJohnHime
    Community Member

I have this issue as well. Installed 1Password 8 for iPhone. Face ID fails unlocking the app and have to enter my passcode manually every time.

• ImMarkImMark
    Community Member

I have this issue too. On iOS 1Password 8 (iOS 15.6.1)

• Jack.P_1PJack.P_1P

Team Member

Hi @ImJohnHime / @ImMark:

We're continuing to investigate this. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to [email protected].

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

ref: dev/core/core#15937

• ImMarkImMark
    Community Member
    edited August 23

@Jack.P_1P Since my post above I had uninstalled 1P8 (thinking I'd just wait for a fix to be available. I have now reinstalled, and now Face ID works repeatably. I cannot reproduce the same issue (FaceID failing and prompting for Master Password each time). If the issue reappears I will post diagostics.

• sloertesloerte
    Community Member

I'm here with the same issue, trying to fix an unrelated problem I reseted all settings on my iPhone XS (iOS 15.6.1) after that 1Password fails to recognize my face every time and I have to manually enter my password. I reseted FaceID on my phone (every other app works fine), I disabled/enabled FaceID on 1Password, restarted my phone a few times, deleted 1Password and reinstalled again a few times as well but every time I open the app I get the "face id" it scans my face it seems to fail and then shows the message "you need to enter your account password before you can use Face ID".

Before "resetting all settings" FaceID was working fine with 1Password 8 so that may be a way to reproduce the issue.

• notMyUserNamenotMyUserName
    Community Member

I'm having the same problem with 1password 7. Face ID is otherwise working fine and it had been in 1Password until just now. Face ID is still turned on in 1Password settings and I haven't changed anything. The only thing I am aware of that might be different is that I installed iOS 15.6.1 last night.

• kyswisherkyswisher
    Community Member

Sorry for the delay in getting you the diagnostic report. I had assumed that I'd receive email notifications when this post received a response. The diagnostic report has now been sent.

• Jack.P_1PJack.P_1P

Team Member

Hi @kyswisher:

Thanks for letting us know, I was able to locate your message, so we'll take a look and be in touch soon.

ref: JNH-22955-294

@notMyUserName:

To confirm, are you having trouble with Face ID with 1Password 7 or 1Password 8? We're investigating an issue with 1Password 8, but that doesn't affect 1Password 7. Let me know, and I can take a closer look.

@sloerte:

Thanks for sharing some more specifics. Can you please follow the steps I shared above to send a diagnostics report mentioning your username here on the community in the email?

Jack

Community Member

Yes. 1Password 7. The problem I am having seems to be the same problem discussed in this thread so rather than start a new one I posted here (sorry if it was the wrong place).

Last night when I went to log in to something 1Password 7 has stopped using Face ID to login, only presenting the Master Password login. Not that Face ID wasn't working, it just wasn't there at all. Just no Face ID. This was true regardless of how I tried to use 1Password - stand alone or through a web browser. It had been working the day before. The only thing that changed over that time was that I installed iOS 15.6.1 the night before. Face ID is working correctly with everything else I expect it to work with and is turned on for 1Password. I haven't tried un/re-installing 1Password 7 but plan to do so later this afternoon when I have a minute.

• Jack.P_1PJack.P_1P

Team Member

Hi @notMyUserName:

In that case, I'd like to ask you to create a 1Password 7 diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to [email protected].

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• sloertesloerte
    Community Member
    edited August 26

Done, thanks Jack

Edit: here’s the ticket number [#KKR-39995-891]

Community Member

I'm sorry, I didn't see your post in time and un/re-installed 1Password 7 last night. If it helps at all, doing that did fix the problem and Face ID is back and working correctly in 1Password 7 after the reinstall. Also, if it helps, I'd be glad to send a current log or if there is a way to send an old one from before I reinstalled I'd be glad to do that.

• woodygwoodyg
    Community Member
    edited August 30

*Edit: this post was meant for the ios forum where I've reposted.

Hi @Jack.P_1P

I'm having the same issue as most others here. 1pass 8 fails to open with Face ID. Instead I get the prompt: "you need to enter your account pass before you can use Face ID." I've reset Face ID, shut down the phone, deleted and reinstalled 1pass. Face ID works as it should in other apps. Running 15.6.1 and your latest version.

• GampPieGampPie
    Community Member

Hi @""Jack.P_1P"

I’m having the same issue like @woodyg described

• GampPieGampPie
    Community Member

I forgotten to say the problem is on my iPad Pro running 15.6.1 and no problème with ma iPhone 12 running 15.6.1

• rharleyrharley
    Community Member
    edited September 7

Any update? This issue has been going on for months and I keep having to use 1Pass 7 on my iPhone :/ I’ve sent in multiple diagnostics via email!!

• Jack.P_1PJack.P_1P

Team Member

Hi @GampPie / @rharley:

Thanks for following up. We're still investigating, but I don't have anything to further to share just yet.

Jack

• rharleyrharley
    Community Member

I feel like my issue hasn’t been explained quite well enough.
    For every use, either filling a password in the browser or simply logging into the 1Password app, Face ID will scan, tick as if too say it was successful, and then say “That didn’t work, check your password and try again”.
    The Face ID prompt button is inexistent on my device.
    I’ve been having to use 1Password 7 for the last few months.
    I have reset all settings and completely restored my device and set up as new.
    I have reset my Face ID countless times.
    I have deleted, and re downloaded the app, but nothing works.
    I have multiple screen recordings of the issue if that would help.

• Jack.P_1PJack.P_1P

Team Member

Hi @rharley:

That is exactly what we're investigating. Please stay tuned for updates.

Jack

• stefanodottoristefanodottori
    Community Member

Hi @Jack.P_1P

Any updates about this issue?

I’m also affected by this when using 1Password 8 with my iPad Pro

• Jack.P_1PJack.P_1P

Team Member

Hi @stefanodottori:

Thanks for reaching out. Nothing to share just yet, but we're actively investigating.

Jack

• medcom2443medcom2443
    Community Member

Any updates on this. I have upgraded to 1Password 8 for Mac. I also had to re-set my iPhone settings and since then I cannot use Face ID to open 1Password. I have re-installed the 1Password app, checked to make sure 1Password is approved for using Face ID on my phone. App ‘acts’ like Face ID passed but requires entering password always. Very frustrating.

• Jack.P_1PJack.P_1P

Team Member

Hi @medcom2443:

Thanks for following up. We're still investigating, but hope to know more soon. We'll be sure to follow up with everyone as soon as we know more.

Jack

• glowa1313glowa1313
    Community Member
    edited September 17

Same issue here with password 8 and ios 16. I would be happy to be able to downgrade to password 7. Honestly speaking without face id using 1password is painfull and does not make much sense.

• glowa1313glowa1313
    Community Member

Hi @Jack.P_1P is there any update ?

• dgold105dgold105 Junior Member
    Community Member

I'm another one having the same issue. Reset All Settings on my iPhone running ios16. Before that 1Password 8 was working fine with Face ID. Now, like with others, it acts like it is working and gives the tick but then it makes me put in the password. Deleting and reinstalling the app doesn't fix.

• iamaydoiamaydo
    Community Member

I'm also have the same problem. Face ID authentication has completely stopped working on iPhone 14 Pro running iOS 16.0.1, I get the message to enter account password to use Face ID then the next time I go to use 1Password I see the Face ID animation and a checkmark showing it was successful, but before the animation is over 1Password already has a message that says "That didn't work. Check your password and try again" resetting Face ID, toggling autofill off/on, deleting and re-installing 1Password, nothing fixes the 1Password Face ID authentication, it's stuck. Meanwhile Face ID works fine for everything else. It's concerning that this issue has been going on for over a month in this thread and 1Password are still "investigating".

• yuleihityuleihit
    Community Member

Same problem. What’s the meaning of Subscription for a bug not fixed for months

• JR16JR16
    Community Member

I’ve got the same issue, Face ID stopped working after I reset all settings in order to fix the spotlight indexing bug in iOS 16

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file