Delete 1Password 7 after upgrading to 8

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: upgrade to 1Password 7 from 8.

Comments

• Mokuleia
    Mokuleia
    Community Member
    Options

I just upgraded my iPhone running iOS 15.6 to 1Password 8. I want to delete 1Password 7 from the app library, but iOS only presents an option to delete it from the home screen. Any suggestions?

• Hello @Mokuleia! ๐Ÿ‘‹

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble removing 1Password 7 from your iPhone. If you can see all of your items in 1Password 8 then can you please try these alternate steps:

1. Tap on Settings from your iPhone's home screen.
    2. Tap on General.
    3. Tap on iPhone Storage.
    4. Scroll down and tap on the icon for 1Password 7 (it's a bit lighter than the icon for 1Password 8 so make sure to choose the right one).
    5. Tap Delete App.

I hope that helps. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Mokuleia
    Mokuleia
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion. That worked!

• @Mokuleia

I'm happy to hear that you were able to remove 1Password 7. ๐Ÿ˜Š

• AndreC
    AndreC
    Community Member
    Options

So are you saying that I can delete 1Password 7 on iPhone along with the data and that wouldn't affect 1Password 8 and its data?

• @AndreC

Yes, as long as you're happy that everything you want is in 1Password 8, you can safely delete 1Password 7 from your device.

To make sure that autofill still works as intended, you'll need to check the settings after you've deleted 1Password 7. Here's what to do:

1. Open the Settings app.
    2. Tap Passwords > Password Options.
    3. Make sure that:
    • AutoFill Passwords is turned on
    • 1Password is checked
    • all others, especially Keychain, are unchecked.

I hope that helps!

โ€”ย Grey

This discussion has been closed.