1Password button missing from Internet Explorer toolbar

Patriot
Patriot
Community Member
edited July 2013 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Not sure why or how, but the 1P Icon has disappeared from my IE9 Command Bar and I can't seem to make it reappear. I've tried removing and re-adding the browser extension; have even tried uninstalling and re-installing the 1P client to no avail. Please help.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Please try following the steps in the User Guide and let me know if you're still having trouble:

1Password button missing from browser toolbar

Thanks!

• Patriot
    Patriot
    Community Member

The icon just won't appear on the list to select. It did come back for a while then disappeared again.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

To help us track down the issue more quickly, could you please send us your Diagnostics Report?

Select Help > Diagnostics Report > Export to File from the menu bar in 1Password. Then attach the report to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• luanapost
    luanapost
    Community Member

This very same issue is happening to me. The software does not help me store passwords on IE9. The icon is not on my Command bar, nor is it available to add. How can I get it to work? I'm having to store passwords manually.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @luanapost,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble as well. Can you confirm for me that you already performed the steps in the User Guide to which I linked above?

1Password button missing from browser toolbar

If you're still having trouble, can you confirm that you emailed us a Diagnostics Report as I requested in my post #4 directly above yours?

Thanks! We'd love to get things straightened out for you. :)

• luanapost
    luanapost
    Community Member

Thank you. I did follow those steps. However, when I right-click on the Command Bar, select Customize and Add or Remove Commands, the 1Password link is not there to select. I installed the Firefox and Chrome browser add-ons and they seem to work, but not in IE, which is the main browser I use. 1password does not take any actions at all when I'm in IE 9. Thank you! Lu

• luanapost
    luanapost
    Community Member

I just sent an email with my Diagnostic Report. Thank you, Lu Post

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2013

Thanks! We will work with you via email until everything is resolved so we are not duplicating efforts or creating confusion for you. :)

• Pinwad
    Pinwad
    Community Member

Internet Explorer does not allow adding the 1Password icon to the browser shortcut bar because the add-on has been disabled (usually caused by resetting internet options).
    The fix is easy: Open your browser> select Tools> select Internet Options> select Programs tab> select Manage Add-Ons> under Toolbars and Extensions you will see AgileBits Inc followed by 1Password, right click on 1Password and Enable it. Once done, close the browser and reopen.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for following up on this thread. Perhaps that will help someone else who comes across this via a search. :)

This discussion has been closed.