internet security warning: ''does not have a valid signature that validates its publisher''

when opening pages in internet explorer i get this warning:

this is not very trust inspiring ... could you let me know what is going on, what i should do?

first time it happens month ago
i click it always away (top right corner) and the page opens normally

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I don't know why that would happen. I've mentioned this to the team so we can look into it further. I don't believe there is any cause for concern, but our installer, main app, and broker are all signed. Thanks for your patience as I get some more eyeballs on this.

• AlbertS
    AlbertS
    Community Member

thanks khad, let me know

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

What you're looking at is our broker process. We need this broker when IE is running in protected mode (otherwise, we would not be able to auto-save new logins, among a couple of other things). Please click "do not show me this warning again" and then click Allow. Thanks!

• AlbertS
    AlbertS
    Community Member

thansk Stefan for the answer - understand now that the process is ok, is a true agilebites process

the worry remains the statement that the ''program has not a valid digital signature'' .. which goes completetly against my feeling of protection that i want and expect from 1password ...

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

program has not a valid digital signature

we do sign all our binaries with a digital certificate

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

For some reason there appears to be a bug in Internet Explorer which is causing it to not recognize the digital signature. :(

This discussion has been closed.