Sort by Password Age in 1Password 8

fjperkins
fjperkins
Community Member

Is there a way to sort by password age in version 8? I have upgraded and I don't see it as an option anymore.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.5.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hi @fjperkins,

It isn't currently possible to sort items by password age, but I've filed a feature request in our internal tracker on your behalf! I can't make any promises, but I really appreciate you sharing this feedback with us, I think it's an excellent idea. 🙂

ref: IDEA-I-678

• david3peck
    david3peck
    Community Member

I second this idea. I just came from another password manager and this would be really handle to keep on top of old passwords. Maybe even add this to watchtower...

• Lorraine_
    Lorraine_
    Community Member

I third it ;)

• @david3peck and @Lorraine_

Thank you for your requests, I've passed them along to the team. 🙂

-Dave

• joneskoo
    joneskoo
    Community Member

Date modified can be a decent proxy for password age, although it's obviously not the same thing. I see the sort by last modified in All Items / All Categories. Is this not good enough?

If a password isn't compromised and isn't reused, changing it does little good. It could even be harmful, since you can make mistakes changing it, and at least your time could be better used.

But just my 2 cents as an user.

• @joneskoo

I agree with your comment. As I posted elsewhere, I recommend that someone change their passwords if one of the following conditions is met:

1. The password for a website/account is not a secure and unique password generated by 1Password.
    2. 1Password's Watchtower sends you a warning that your password for a website/account has been reused or was found in a data breach.

Regular password changes for no other reason but because an amount of time has passed is no longer recommended as a security practice by many cybersecurity experts and organizations such as the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.