New iPad Air updated to 1Password 8 but 4 devices still on 1Password 7, how to get version 7 back?

Options
drew289
drew289
Community Member

Recently purchased an iPad Air 4th generation and copied over all the applications from an iPad 6 from an iCloud backup. The old iPad 6 had 1Password installed but wasn't being used with the Family subscription plan. When I tried to sign into 1Password with the iPad Air obviously it didn't take the current login so I downloaded 1Password 8 and set up it up with the current family subscription by scanning the Setup Code on my iPhone. Now I have the Air on 1Password 8 but two iPhones still on 1Password 7 and two Macbooks running High Sierra and 1Password 7. Since High Sierra only supports up to 1Password 7 I would like the iPad Air back on 1Password 7.

I looked for the previous 1Password version in the My Purchases - All Purchases section of the App store and only 1Password 8 is showing up. When I'm looking at the iPhone that is associated with this private vault I do see 1Password - Password Manager. How do I get this version of 1Password back on the iPad Air? I would like all five devices running the same version and until I replace the two Macbooks that won't be possible.

1Password Version: 7.9.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 15.6.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited August 2022
    Options

Hello @drew289! šŸ‘‹

If you're still using 1Password 7 on some of your older devices then you can still update the other devices to 1Password 8. You won't run into any issues. That being said, to re-download the 1Password 7 for iOS app from your purchase history, you can follow these steps -

1. Open the App Store app.
    2. Tap the sign-in button or your photo at the top of the screen.
    3. Tap Purchased.
    4. If you use Family Sharing, tap My Purchases or choose a family member's name to see content that they purchased.
    5. Tap "Not on this [device]."
    6. Find the app that you want to download, then tap the download button.

I hope that helps. šŸ˜Š

• drew289
    drew289
    Community Member
    Options

That worked. Thank you.

• @drew289

I'm happy that I was able to help. šŸ˜Š

This discussion has been closed.