Hello, dear 1Password developers. I have encountered some difficulties with the software, please hel

Options
Riandian
Riandian
Community Member
On my Android phone, I have encountered the problem that autofill cannot be done on Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers, but it can be done on Firefox browsers. How to connect the Android app in 1Password to achieve automatic login, as shown below.
Mobile phone model: Huawei Mate40
Mobile system: Hongmeng 2.0
Google Chrome Version: 104.0.5112.97
Microsoft Edge version: 104.0.1293.60
Firefox version: 103.2.0

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Hongmeng 2.0
Browser:_ Google Chrome,Microsoft Edge,1password version

Comments

• Hello @Riandian, thanks for letting us know this has been an issue for you.

With Autofill on, filling should work automatically with supported browsers such as Edge and Chrome. I tested the bilibili website with Chrome and Edge and I was able to fill my credentials as expected.

I'd like to ask you to try the following:
    1. Close 1Password and your browser.
    1. Restart your device.
    1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    1. Tap Settings > Autofill.
    1. Confirm Autofill in on.
    1. Tap Show filling suggestions off.
    1. Open your browser, navigate to a site and tap a login field.

After tapping a username or password field do you see an "Open 1Password" prompt in the suggestion strip of your keyboard? If not, you can refresh the page and tap a login field again. Any change in behavior? Thanks again!

• Riandian
    Riandian
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, 1Password customer service, I tried a few times according to the method you said, and the account password is not automatically filled in Chrome and Microsoft Edge on the Android side, but the account password can be automatically filled in the FireFox browser.

• Hi @Riandian, thank you very much for trying that and sharing your results. I'll be sure to pass that along to the development team. With Firefox, does the Autofill prompt appear consistently with Show filling suggestions on or only when it's off? Have you noticed similar behavior in apps used on your device?

ref: dev/core/core#16458

• Riandian
    Riandian
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, in the Android Firefox browser, the autofill and filling suggestions are the same as those on the PC side. In the Android Google browser and EDGE, no matter whether you click on the account or password, there will be no display about the 1password software. However, I can also use 1Password to log in on some apps on my phone, but it will not be displayed in Google-EDGE

• Thanks for confirming that. We have received a few reports of filling issues with Chromium based browsers on some devices and are investigating carefully.

I'd like to ask which version of Chrome and Edge is installed on your device?

• Riandian
    Riandian
    Community Member
    Options

edge 104.0.1293.70
    Chrome 105.0.5195.79

• Hi @Riandian, thanks for letting us know, I'll pass that along to the team. It seems that on some devices, filling is not occurring consistently in Autofill compatibility browsers such as Chrome or Edge. This issue is being treated as a high priority by the team here and we hope to have a fix available soon. For the time being, you can use Firefox or DuckDuckGo as a workaround. Thanks again!

• kberryman
    kberryman
    Community Member
    Options

I.m having this same issue android v13 chrome v106.0.5249.126

• Hi @kberryman

I'm sorry to hear you're also experiencing this issue. Thanks for providing the Android version and Chrome version you are using on your device. I'll pass this information along to the team.

As mentioned by Timothy above, a workaround at the moment is to use Firefox or DuckDuckGo browsers in which this issue doesn't appear to be occurring in.

Thanks! 😀

This discussion has been closed.