Set up Home Screen / Customization Not working - Android

Options
JShan
JShan
Community Member

See the customize area. Clicked on the items I want and rearranged. The changes I made are not saving and I am continually asked to customize the home page.

1Password Version: 8.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 12
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Set up Home Screen / Customization Not working - Android

Comments

• Hello @JShan, I'm sorry to hear there's an issue with customization on your device.

Have you noticed this issue specifically on the Home tab or on the Items tab as well? After adding, removing or reordering sections, if you re-open the Customize menu are those changes retained there? Thanks again!

• JShan
    JShan
    Community Member
    Options

Only on the Home Tab

• Hi @JShan, I am very sorry for missing this message and the delay in response.

If there are no items that currently fit in a section, it won't be displayed. I find this is more noticeable on the Home tab, especially when getting started with 1Password 8 for Android as there may not be any new or recently used items.

If you tap Customize > add or remove a section > tap X > tap Customize, does the section you changed retain the change in the Customize menu?

• barryo
    barryo
    Community Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

Hi, I've the same issue. I I tried clearing and reselecting various items, but nothing seems to work. It will not save the Home page and continues to ask that i set it up.

Update:
    It will save items but only the 'Recently * 'and 'Frequently Used' items, none of the others.

• Hello @barryo, thanks for letting us know this has been an issue for you.

Sections will only be displayed if you have items to populate that section. So, if you haven't pinned any fields, a Pinned Fields section won't be visible and if no items are marked as Favorite in the selected account or collection, the Favorites section won't display. I'd like to ask you to try the following:
    1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Tap the Home tab.
    3. Open your Frequently Used section and tap the first item.
    4. Tap ⋮ > Add to Favorites.
    5. Tap the back arrow.

Does a Favorites section now appear? If you tap Customize can you change the position of the Favorites section? Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.