1Password shut down after password at Android 9

Options
SomebodySomewhere
SomebodySomewhere
Community Member

Since upgrading to version 8 (7 we have delete)
1Password has stopped working on my Samsung Galaxy S8, Android 9.
I can start the app by password and than it's directly gone.
The app shut down.
I tried emty the cache, re-start, uninstalling and re-installing.
Clean up the phone serverall times
Throw away version 7.
At Windows it works, at Android not.

Please help.

1Password Version: 8.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 9
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:vs 8

Comments

• Genericusername1111
    Genericusername1111
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

I am having the same issue. I created a new 'login' on the 1password 8 app, which seemed to work fine after I pushed save. Then when I clicked on categories to view it, the app crashed. Every time I try to log on, as soon as I'm passed the fingerprint screen, the app crashes. I uninstalled/reinstalled the app and was able to start using the app normally again, however, once again, when I clicked on the 'all items' button to view my logins, the app crashed and now continues to crash whenever I try to open it. Definitely a bug that needs to be addressed.

Using Samsung Galaxy S8

• pem
    pem
    Community Member
    Options

Exactly the same for me on Galaxy S8. Furthermore, the 1password prompt does not appear with Chrome or Brave (it appears with Firefox or DuckDuckGo, but the app crashes after identification)

• Hello @SomebodySomewhere, @Genericusername1111, @pem, I'm sorry to hear 1Password is crashing on your device!

I suspect this crash is related to a bug we've identified with version 80902003 specifically on Android 9 devices. The development team has marked this as a high priority issue and is already testing a fix internally. This should be available in upcoming beta and production releases.

If a different version of 1Password or Android is installed on your device, let us know which along with any additional details about the crash.

• stephenroughley
    stephenroughley
    Community Member
    Options

Same here. Android 9. Unable to get beyond the fingerprint/password login. FYI when I reset the app and clear the data it works until I try to navigate categories or vaults then it becomes unusable until I wipe it and setup all over again.

• Hello @SomebodySomewhere, @Genericusername1111, @pem & @stephenroughley

This issue has been resolved in the current version of 1Passsword 8 for Android, version 8.9.3. You can install or update to the current version by opening the Google Play app and searching for "1Password" or by tapping the link below on your Android device. From the 1Password page, you can tap Install or Update.

If the update is not currently available on your device, check back soon as the rollout continues.

I hope this helps.

• stephenroughley
    stephenroughley
    Community Member
    Options

Yay! Can confirm, I can use the app again πŸ€“ Thank you!!

• Thanks for confirming @stephenroughley. You are very welcome!

• SomebodySomewhere
    Options

Still not working...
    Samsung Galaxy S8 (2 pieces)

• I'm sorry to hear that @SomebodySomewhere. Just to confirm, 1Password 8.9.3 or a more recent beta crashes after opening on your Android 9 devices? If so, I'd like to ask:

• Does 1Password crash every time or intermittently?
    • Are you running a custom ROM, developer mode or similar?
    • When the crash occurs do you see an error message a pop up from Google prompting you to send a crash report?

Thanks again.

• SomebodySomewhere
    SomebodySomewhere
    Community Member
    Options

I try to answer in English because that not my language.

There are two major problems.
    First:
    1. At Samsung S8 with Android 9 -> 1PW crashes every time bij opening
    2. I do not run something like you asked, only standard Android and standard apps.
    3. I do not see a pop up or other, 1PW shut down before you can do or see something

I have reset to 1PW version 7, that works without problems.

Second:
    1. At laptop with 1PW version 2.3.8
    2. It will not fill in some usernames and even not some passwords (no icon, only copy/paste)
    3. Sometimes 1PW icons do apear in form fields, so you can not see what you have to fill in.
    3. At the site from our bank, 1PW wil not fill in anything (you have to copy everything to log in)
    4. Autofill is ON, but does not work.

I really hope this will be repair soon!
    It's very irritating.

• Thank you very much for sharing these details @SomebodySomewhere. I can definitely understand your frustration here and I'm sorry for the trouble.

I'd like to ask you to email us directly so the Android team can help find the stack trace that should include some clues about the crash. The Windows and Extensions teams will be able to help with the issues on your laptop as well.

Please reach out to us directly via email at support+forum@1password.com with a brief description of the issue or a link to this forum thread. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot with a support ID that looks a bit like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post your support ID here, and I'll be able to make sure your message has made it to the right place. Also, please feel free to write in the language you're most comfortable with. We're happy to provide translated replies. Thanks again.

• SomebodySomewhere
    SomebodySomewhere
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_timothy
    This is the Support ID I have: #KNM-67875-922

• ag_timothy
    edited October 2022
    Options

Thanks for sharing that @SomebodySomewhere. It looks like my colleague has sent a reply so lets continue the conversation there. If you haven't received our reply, please let me know.

ref: #KNM-67875-922

• SomebodySomewhere
    SomebodySomewhere
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @ag_timothy

I do not have had a reply from your colleague

Good day for you.
    We gonna sleep now πŸ˜΄πŸ‘‹πŸ»

• Hi @SomebodySomewhere, I'm sorry to hear that.

I've sent another reply to you via email. Please check your spam folder if the message does not reach your inbox. If you still do not see the message please let me know!

• SomebodySomewhere
    SomebodySomewhere
    Community Member
    Options

I have recieved and answer it

• Thanks for confirming that @SomebodySomewhere

This discussion has been closed.