Chrome html error

Options

I am considering switching from roboform to 1password and I am using the trial version on my windows computer and the IOS version on my Iphone 5. I am using chrome and I synced to dropbox when Iopen the dropbox folder there is chrome 1password html in the agile keychain folder I get the following error: Problem loading 1Password data file A key data file could not be loaded and 1PasswordAnywhere cannot continue without it. Please see this help guide for troubleshooting tips. I checked the help guide and it says to add the following command line to chrome but I don't know where or how to add it. The line is: --allow-file-access-from-files

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If you're syncing via Dropbox, there is no need to try to access 1PasswordAnywhere from your local file system. Browsers restrict loading files locally from the file system. Try accessing 1PasswordAnywhere via the Dropbox web interface in your browser as outlined in the User Guide:

1. Log into the Dropbox website: https://dropbox.com
    2. Open the 1Password.html file inside 1Password.agilekeychain.
    3. Enter your master password to unlock 1PasswordAnywhere

Does that work? :)

• Justincase
    Justincase
    Community Member
    edited July 2013
    Options

I believe I'm having the same issue when using the 1password.html....

Problem loading 1Password data file

A key data file could not be loaded and 1PasswordAnywhere cannot continue without it.

Works OK on MAC(10.8.4)/XP using Safari. Doesn't open the the file in Chrome, IE, or Firefox on either system. Doesn't matter if the 1password file is local or on dropbox.

Everything is great using the 1password app.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Doesn't matter if the 1password file is local or on dropbox.

That is very strange. Can you post a screenshot of your entire browser window when you are seeing the error message while accessing 1PasswordAnywhere via the Dropbox website?

This discussion has been closed.