How to disable automatic spell checking?

Options
pixycz
pixycz
Community Member

My language is not supported and I have a lot of texts red-underlined from the spell-checker. I don't want it. How can I turn it off?

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.4
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @pixycz:

Thanks for your feedback on this. It isn't currently possible to disable spell checking from inside 1Password 8. I've shared your feedback with the team. While I can't promise anything specifically, we use feedback like yours to help inform the future of 1Password.

Jack

ref: IDEA-I-1789

• 481steve
    481steve
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here, I would love to see this corrected.

• @481steve

Thank you for the feedback, I've passed it along to the product team. ๐Ÿ™‚

-Dave

• hansvandamme
    hansvandamme
    Community Member
    edited January 2023
    Options

Same here. I constantly switch between Dutch and English. Would be great if such option could be added.
    Edit: running on Win10

• Thanks for sharing your use case @hansvandamme, I've added your feedback as well. Let me know if you have any questions. ๐Ÿ˜Š

ref: IDEA-I-1789

• Claudi
    Claudi
    Community Member
    Options

Everything is full of red squiggly lines, which is just visual clutter and keeps distracting me from the actual user interface.
    Can you let us know whether thereโ€™s an undocumented setting for this, for example by manually adding a property in ${XDG_CONFIG_HOME}/1Password/settings/settings.json?

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Claudi

I'm afraid that I'm not aware of such a hidden setting. I'm sorry that you're seeing a lot of underlined text from the spellchecker, can you tell me if you're storing information in a different language in 1Password? I'd like to pass along your feedback and experience to our product team.

-Dave

• robertaramar
    robertaramar
    Community Member
    Options

Please... I can only second that. I have tons of red-underlined text and this is not a question of language. One really needs to be able to switch spell-checking off.

• @robertaramar

Thank you for the feedback, can you tell me a little more about the kinds of words that are being underlined? Knowing more about how the issue is manifesting on your Mac will help our product and development teams better understand the need for the change and find the correct solution.

-Dave

• robertaramar
    robertaramar
    Community Member
    Options

Usernames that are completely arbitrary in their structure e.g. lx42we2JsW

• @robertaramar

Thank you, I've passed along your feedback and use case to the team internally.

-Dave

ref: PB-36594834

• GrandeMago
    GrandeMago
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here, I am in the trial period. Not having the option to disable the spell checker is affecting the quality of life of UI. It could be a deal breaker for me. Besides, I can see it has been requested multiple times with no effect...uhm.

• @GrandeMago

Welcome to 1Password! I would be happy to pass along your feedback to the team. Can you tell me where you're seeing the spellcheck affect the experience for you? Is it when using arbitrary usernames like some have reported above? Or when using words in another language?

-Dave

• GrandeMago
    GrandeMago
    Community Member
    Options

It appears in any text field, underlining many words. I attach two screenshots as an example. Thanks

• @GrandeMago

Thank you for those screenshots, I've shared them with the team and let them know of your request to add an option to turn off the spellcheck in 1Password. While I can't make any promises, the team will consider the request for the future. ๐Ÿ™‚

-Dave

ref: PB-38209719