Generated password disappears

Okay, I'm resetting my password on costco.ca. It prompts me to enter my new password, and I click on the auto-generated one from 1Password. I get the popup prompting me to save this new password, but in behind it, I can see the webpage has automatically submitted the filled password and is loading a new page, and the password save prompt disappears before I can save it.

No problem, I think, I can just manually convert the generated password entry in 1Password to a login, right? But the generated password is nowhere to be found. Why doesn't the 1Password browser add-in save the password to the vault before filling it in on the webpage?

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: 2.4.3
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7
Browser:_ Edge

Comments

• Hi @ryansteele:

Great question! You can find your generated password history by opening the 1Password pop-up, then clicking the ≡ menu, Password Generator, then Password Generator History. Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• ryansteele
    ryansteele
    Community Member

Thanks Jack. I ended up working around the issue by generating the password from within the 1Password desktop app and copying and pasting it into the webpage. I hope there are plans to make this feature a bit more user-friendly, as I suspect others might have trouble as well.

• Thanks for the feedback ryansteele. We're always looking to make improvements. Have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.