1Password 8 for Safari not working

David_
David_
Community Member
edited November 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I have 1Password for Safari 2.3.7 installed and active. This morning I went to a login page, clicked in the username box which usually presents the 1Password logo on the right hand side and… nothing. Clicked on the 1P icon in the toolbar, authenticated, and again nothing except for a pop-up screen with an 'open 1Password' button (clicking this also did nothing). I had to open the 1P app and go the long way around to finally get in. I checked on various other login pages and the same behaviour each time. Can you please suggest something? Thanks, David

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: macOS 12.5.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• David_
    David_
    Community Member

Ok, it's working again after a restart. Doesn't usually happen so let's see.

• @David_

Let us know if you need further assistance.

• buddymedbery
    buddymedbery
    Community Member
    • I have the same problem Mac OS Ventura/1 Password 8/Mac M1 Max Studio. This program is virtually useless to me as it is. It does not find login info from the browser, although the same search in 1Password works fine.

Also, Autofill does not work. Nothing happens. Clicking on menu bar item just opens a window allowing me to make a new item, but clicking on new item radio box does nothing. The program offers up suggested passwords but then won't save them. I have verified that the Safari extension is installed and properly configured to allow access to all websites. This program has been a mess since leaving version 7.
  • Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hi @buddymedbery, it sounds like there are some connection issues between the extension and app. Could you try the following to see if it helps?

1. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    3. Fully quit 1Password app and browser.
    4. Restart the 1Password app and then open browser.
    5. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    6. Under General, re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    7. Test things out with the extension.

If that doesn't help, I'd like you to reproduce the issues and send over the following so we can take a closer look at what may be going on:

Attach the logs and diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• buddymedbery
    buddymedbery
    Community Member

When I try to open settings in the toolbar all that happens is that a blank page opens in Safari, and same is true if I open the browser app and choose settings. Will send diagnostics

• buddymedbery
    buddymedbery
    Community Member

When I click on the link for the extension console log all I get is another iteration of this same forum page. I will send the diagnostic log file

• buddymedbery
    buddymedbery
    Community Member

When I try to send the diagnostic log file I get a message that the e-mail address you give above does not appear to be a valid e-mail address. I tried to send anyway but it won't send. I can't attach the log file to this comment because file type not valid. In other words, I can't do any of the things you suggest

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@buddymedbery Sorry for the confusion! I sent the wrong link for the steps to get your extension console logs. Here is the correct link to that guide: https://support.1password.com/cs/extension-console-log/

Instead of sending the logs and diagnostics report to support+forum@1password.com, can you send those to support@1Password.com? Please let me know your Support ID number when you get the chance. I'll look for your ticket and follow up from there.

This discussion has been closed.