After upgrade to 8.80, I went from 97 logins to over 300. How? Fix?

Options
mikersf
mikersf
Community Member

I had 1 Password 7 for families with my Personal Vault containing 97 saved logins. After upgrade to 8.80, I have over 300 logins with many duplicates and non"Logins" list. 1 P continues to get more complicated with poor instructions and guidance. Can my issue be fixed? How?

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.5.1
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:After upgrade to 8.89, I went from 97 logins to over 300. How? Fix?

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited September 2022
    Options

@mikersf

Did you happen to make the same migration from multiple devices? This is most often the cause of such duplications. Do you have a Mac handy? It has a deduplication option within 1Password 7.

• Please read the following carefully. I might suggest several times to familiarize yourself with the steps. It looks over complicated, but I have tried to break the steps down to prevent confusion.

• Make sure all of your data is available on https://my.1password.com and ensure you have a copy of your 🚒 Emergency Kit

• If all of the duplicates exist within your membership vaults, then the following may prove helpful.

• I would make sure once all of your data is in your account that, you remove any Primary vaults. This is if any of your devices are currently running 1Password 7. If everything is on 1Password 8, no Primary vaults will be present.

• A couple of notes exist at the end of this.

1. Quit 1Password 8. From the menu bar, right-click on the icon and select Quit.

1. Open 1Password 7 and add your account if needed. ➕ How to add your 1Password account to the apps
      • Note 7 may be zipped up in the Applications folder. If so, double-click on the zip file to expand it. Double-click 1Password 7 to open it.
      • If you need to download 1Password again, here is the link for that. Download 1Password 7 for Mac

1. You will need to select the appropriate vault in the sidebar. If you have multiple vaults, you would need to run the tool on each vault.
      • Make sure to select the vault inside the membership. There is no need to run the tool on any standalone or non-membership vaults that may still exist there.

1. Open the deduplication tool.
      • 1Password in the menu bar > Help > Tools > Clean up duplicate items

1. It will locate and remove any exact duplicates. If it fails to locate any, then there are no true duplicates, and none will not be removed. This would necessitate manual removal after careful verification on your part.

1. Quit 7, making sure its helper is not running in the menu bar. From the menu bar, right-click on the icon and select Quit 1Password completely. Note the wording difference between 7 and 8.

1. Open 8 from the Dock or Applications folder. Note that I am running the beta; your icon will not be exactly like mine.

• As you clean the duplicates on the Mac, any removals will propagate to all other devices. I would open and unlock each one when complete and allow the sync to occur. Depending on the connection, it may take just a few moments.

• If you have other devices that you have not installed 1Password 8 on download 8. Then use the option to sign into your account. Provided of course that all of your data exists on 1Password.com.

--

iOS: https://apps.apple.com/app/id1511601750?mt=8

Mac: https://downloads.1password.com/mac/1Password.zip

Other OS: Best Password Manager

This discussion has been closed.