Trouble with loseit.com Login

Options
Lars
Lars
1Password Alumni
edited July 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I figured this one might be near and dear to the heart of at least Dave Teare, since it's a web site I know he's used in the past. And it's a relatively minor issue, but I know you guys are always striving for perfection. The issue is: when I go to the LoseIt! site, whether through typing it into my Safari browser bar or by clicking on the pre-saved link in 1PW, the login/pw info will auto-fill as it should...except that after the information is entered (obscured by the usual dots), the password information will change from my usual long string of characters which represents my actual password, to one dot.

Obviously, pushing the "login" button after that fails, and if I go back and replace the single dot in the pw field with a cut-and-paste of my password and then push login, it works. But something either with the code at LoseIt! or with my password itself is causing it to be erased and replaced with a single dot. Wish I knew what that single dot was, but obviously there's no way to know that.

Just thought you guys should know. If you want to contact me privately, I can give you my login/pw combo so you can verify it for yourselves.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hm. Thanks for mentioning this!

It may be something with your password. I first tried using a 50 character password with letters, digits, and symbols. That wasn't working, so I switched to a 20 character password with only letters and digits. Bingo! Worked fine. I'm not sure exactly what the limits are there, but it does seem that there are some that aren't clearly communicated.

If you're still having trouble, please try saving a new Login manually like this:

1. Visit the site's login page: https://www.loseit.com/account/
    2. Enter your credentials, but DO NOT submit the form.
    3. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the "+" button in the upper right hand corner.
    4. Change the title and make any notes (if desired).
    5. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

Using the above technique I was able to save and fill my Login at:

https://www.loseit.com/account/

Manually saving a new Login can be useful for logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. Saving a new Login item allows 1Password to refresh everything it "knows" about the page. Login pages often change as websites are updated and this can be a necessary but very useful tip. :)

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

This discussion has been closed.