Redundant 1P v7

Options
DiiJay
DiiJay
Community Member

On my Android Xiomi Poco x3 I was offered the opportunity to upgrade when I opened my existing installation of 1P v7. Following the guide I downloaded and installed v8. Now I have 2 versions on my phone ! When investigating the de-installation of v7, I was warned about data removal. Is this safe to continue whilst I have a working v8 installation ?

1Password Version: 7.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 11
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @DiiJay, thanks for your question. After signing in to 1Password 8 for Android and confirming your items are available, you can uninstall 1Password 7 for Android.

If you are or have previously used a standalone vault synced with Dropbox, WLAN, Local Storage or similar, additional steps to migrate your data may be required.

If that might be the case for you, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from 1Password 7 for Android on your device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.