Clipboard clearing -- too aggressive

Options
MrC
MrC
Volunteer Moderator

The setting Preferences > Security > "Remove copied information and authentication codes after 90 seconds" indiscriminately clears the clipboard.

Example. During my converter testing, I routinely import new vaults from 1PUX. These build-up, and I need to delete a bunch of them. All the vaults will be named identically. So I copy the vault name after I've entered it into the delete confirmation dialog, and then later paste the value into the subsequent dialogs when deleting other vaults. The problem is, as I'm doing this, the value can get cleared, and then I have to enter the name again.

Example: This can also happen while editing an entry. Copy something from your Notes, and start pasting the value into your other entries during an Edit. You have to get all your work done within 90 seconds, or you lose the copied value.

It seems the timer is not being reset after a Paste within 1Password itself, so anything copied is removed after the initial 90 seconds have lapsed. Minimally, the timer should be reset after a paste within 1Password, so that continued pastes can work as expected.

1Password Version: 80906011
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.6
Browser:_ Not Provided

This discussion has been closed.