1pw8 on ipad 15.7 (login with masterkey several times)

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

Hi,

I use 1pw8 with touchid and since I had had to reenter my masterkey (required after 2 weeks) I have slome issues.
Several times I had to reenter the masterkey again and again in order to keep 1pw8 going.
The 1pw7 gave no issues and can be opende with Touch ID
Is there a reason I had to enter masterkey 2 times till now. Maybe there will be a 3rd time soon?
I think about changing the masterkey might be a good idea and will fix that tommorrow .
Amy idea want is going on?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Untill now (next day) …fingers crossed (🤞..touch id is working with the old masterkey. Stil curious what could trigger 1password to ask several times for the masterkey.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

I give up…after 6.hours a new prompt to insert my masterkey. Please tell what is going on in 1pw8

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

🤔And kicked out again after my previous message
    Wondering for how long the log in will last.

• Hi @F_9083x

Are you seeing a particular error message on the lock screen, like "That didn't work" or anything else, when you have to enter your account password? If you're able to take a screenshot of what you're seeing (as long as no personal information is visible) and post it here, that'll be a big help in working out what's going on. I look forward to hearing from you.

— Grey

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Grey,
    I did not see a particular message. I noticed that the Touch ID button was missing and there was -if you call that a message- a text like”insert your masterkey to actiivate Touch ID.” Yesterday I changed my masterkey through the 1pw7 app and logged iin again in 1pw8.
    Untill now It Is ok with 1pw8 and login and Touch ID..

• @F_9083x

Is this happening when autofilling through Safari or another app, or is this happening when you try to unlock the main 1Password app from your home screen?

On the iPhone the following conditions must be true to use Touch ID:

• You have already opened and unlocked the main 1Password app using your account password
    • Touch ID is enabled and active on the device
    • You have NOT failed Touch ID authentication
    • You have NOT updated the device
    • The OS has NOT disabled it for some reason

If it doesn't sound like one of those conditions was triggered then can you make sure that you're using the latest versions of both 1Password 8 and iOS:

-Dave

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

I started a new topic today, that might be closely related to this topic. You can end this topic.

This discussion has been closed.