Identities / Form Filling

Hello,

I'm still evaluating 1Password and I like it more and more each day.
There is another feature I am missing:
I would like to see the possibility to add custom fields to identities. This would be especially helpful for foreign customers:

For example:
Field name: Vorname
Value: Peter

or

Field name: Name
Value: Pan

Otherwise a form entry named "Name" will be filled as "Peter Pan" within 1Password.

In this way I would be able to customize how forms are filled on websites.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,
Oliver

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for your feedback (and kind words), Oliver! I'm glad you like 1Password. :D

Custom fields are a v4 feature. 1Password 4 has already debuted on iOS and will be available on Mac and Windows in the future. That said, only the default fields will be filled in the browser. Custom fields add a layer of complexity which preclude easily filling them on the web. There is not a standard for form filling on the web, so we have spent a long time getting the specific fields in the default templates to fill properly on as many websites as possible. Custom fields would rarely if ever fill properly because every website is different.

The form filling is tuned for many different languages, though. If you're having trouble on a specific site, please let me know the URL. I'd love to pass it along to the developers so we can improve 1Password.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.