Vault Item Details Don't Include Password or 2FA Code

Hello,

I'm in the process of setting up a Secrets Automation Workflow using a docker-compose based 1Password Connect Server. I have the credentials file and the services hosted and running, and I'm able to successfully retrieve some data such as listing vaults and getting item IDs from a vault. My access token should provide READ access to every item in a particular vault, and my queries for data from this vault are working.

The issue I am having is the Item Details that are (not) included from the #get-item-details endpoint. The response with Item Details information does not include any fields or sections information. I do not see information such as the password in the response.

How do I access Vault Item details such as the password or 2FA code or extra fields? I am using a python library to make HTTP requests according to the Connect API Reference #item-object, but it indicates there are no query parameters and offers no suggestions on retrieving more information for an item.

I can provide more code or configuration if that helps, but it seems to me like either sensitive information cannot be retrieved from the Connect API or there is an access/permissions problem with my authentication/token. Does anyone know what I might be missing?

The docker-compose logs indicate that the connect-api and connect-sync services are finding each other over the bus connection, and basic queries to my vault do work from my API application. It won't let me upload my docker-compose file here, but I am using these docker image versions for the Connect Server:

• 1password/connect-api:1.5.2
  • 1password/connect-sync:1.5.2

Thanks for your time.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file