Vault Item Details Don't Include Password or 2FA Code

Options

Hello,

I'm in the process of setting up a Secrets Automation Workflow using a docker-compose based 1Password Connect Server. I have the credentials file and the services hosted and running, and I'm able to successfully retrieve some data such as listing vaults and getting item IDs from a vault. My access token should provide READ access to every item in a particular vault, and my queries for data from this vault are working.

The issue I am having is the Item Details that are (not) included from the #get-item-details endpoint. The response with Item Details information does not include any fields or sections information. I do not see information such as the password in the response.

How do I access Vault Item details such as the password or 2FA code or extra fields? I am using a python library to make HTTP requests according to the Connect API Reference #item-object, but it indicates there are no query parameters and offers no suggestions on retrieving more information for an item.

I can provide more code or configuration if that helps, but it seems to me like either sensitive information cannot be retrieved from the Connect API or there is an access/permissions problem with my authentication/token. Does anyone know what I might be missing?

The docker-compose logs indicate that the connect-api and connect-sync services are finding each other over the bus connection, and basic queries to my vault do work from my API application. It won't let me upload my docker-compose file here, but I am using these docker image versions for the Connect Server:

• 1password/connect-api:1.5.2
  • 1password/connect-sync:1.5.2

Thanks for your time.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @baileymalonerover,

Thank you for reaching out to us. When making a GET request for an item, 1Password should return an item object with all information about that item, including its password, OTP (Secret link only, but we can use python libraries such as pyotp to generate OTP codes from the secret) and custom fields as described here.

That said, this example code snippet should let us get an item with its full details. Please give it a try and let me know how it works.
    import onepasswordconnectsdk

from onepasswordconnectsdk.client import (
        new_client
    )

# creates a client by supplying hostname and 1Password Connect API token
    client = new_client(
        "http://localhost:8080",
        "<access token>")

item = client.get_item("<Item ID>", "<Vault ID>")

This discussion has been closed.