Require password more frequently

Options
moose
moose
Community Member
edited September 2022 in Mac

In 1Password 8 for Mac (and iOS), the shortest frequency you can require for the master password is every 2 weeks.

Would it be possible to add some more options to this? It would be nice if it asked at least once per day.

1Password Version: 80904044, on PRODUCTION channel
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.6
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @moose! 👋

Thank you for the suggestion! While I can't promise anything, I've passed it along to our product team.

In the meantime, you can choose to be always prompted for your account password by disabling Touch ID and Apple Watch unlock. Alternatively, you can change your auto-lock preferences so that Touch ID / Apple Watch unlock are required more often: How to set 1Password to lock automatically

-Dave

ref: IDEA-I-1796

• moose
    moose
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you!

• @moose

Thanks again for the suggestion. 😊

• sterid
    sterid
    Community Member
    Options

I want to have an option:
    • 2 days
    • 1 week

If I enter password rarely I could forget it. So 2-3 days will be great option.

• Thanks for the feedback, @sterid! Depending on how you use your device, the auto-lock setting for "lock on sleep, screensaver, or switching users" might be worth exploring. I can understand wanting more control over this though and have added it to our internal tracker on the topic.

Let me know if you have any questions. 👍🏻

ref: IDEA-I-1796

• kirtfitzpatrick
    kirtfitzpatrick
    Community Member
    Options

I second this feature request. When I'm learning a new (strong) master password, it takes a long while to get it permanently memorized. Right now the only option is the very big stick of completely disabling touch id, which is annoying and a hassle. (but has to be done.) It would be so helpful if I could set this to once a day, then once a week, then 2 weeks, etc. as I get better with it. My password is loooooong, as it should be, and will require regular practice.

Thanks!

• Hi @kirtfitzpatrick,

Thanks for your feedback and sharing your unique use case. I commend your commitment to a stronger account password and am glad to hear you're taking steps to make sure you memorize it. I can see how this feature would help that process and will share this with the rest of the team.

If you haven't already, remember to update your Emergency Kit! 😊

ref: PB-30508220

This discussion has been closed.