Feature Request - Ad-hoc/just-in-time/ephemeral Credential Shares

Options
mattlorimor
mattlorimor
Community Member

I love 1Password's credential sharing feature that lets you share a item with anyone. Being able to select all the parameters like "Link expires after", "Available to", and "Can be viewed only 1 time" are fantastic. It makes sharing of already-existing items super easy.

I know this is a bit of a nitpick, but it would be awesome if some sort of "quick share" feature were available where I don't have to formally go to a vault and create an item to share some string. I would like to click a share button and just have a text box to enter a secret that I want to share with the already-supported share constraints.

Alternatively/additionally, it would be interesting if I could set an item in my vault to delete itself after it has been accessed a single time or at the end of the share duration.

Here is the scenario where this was coming up. I was in a situation where I was generating a secret for somebody to use in an enterprise platform where it would show the secret only one time. I needed to get that secret to the end-user so that they could utilize it on the platform. In other words, I was not to be the end user of the credential (lol, why the end user couldn't generate this credential doesn't really matter).

It would have been nice, in that instance to do a more-ephemeral/ad-hoc share (I don't have to add an item to my vault then share it).

1Password Version: 8.9.6
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: Windows 10.0.19044 Build 19044
Browser:_ Firefox

This discussion has been closed.