download 1passsord 7 apk

Options
quantiv
quantiv
Community Member

1password 8 on android is buggy and would like to go back to 7.
Is there an official link that I get download older version?

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password 7 apk

Comments

• nspeaks
    nspeaks
    Community Member
    Options

Follow the instructions here: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/657370/#Comment_657370 to go back to 1Password 7.

• ag_timothy
    edited October 2022
    Options

Hi @quantiv, thanks for joining us on the community forum. I'm sorry to hear about your experience with 1Password 8 for Android. Could you tell us a little more about what isn't working? We would be happy to help with any issues and share feedback with the team.

As @nspeaks mentioned (thanks for sharing!), If you have previously installed 1Password 7 for Android, you should be able to download the app again with the Google Play account that was used to install it:
    1. Open Google Play Store app on your Android device.
    2. Tap the account icon in the search bar and select the account used to install 1Password 7.
    3. From the same menu, tap Manage apps and device.
    4. Tap Manage.
    5. Tap the Installed drop down.
    6. Tap Not Installed.
    7. Search for and select 1Password.
    8. Tap Install.

Some versions of the Google Play Store require slightly different steps. If you don't see "Manage apps and device", tap "My apps & games" instead. Then tap: Library > Not on this device > 1Password 7 > Install.

Thanks again!

• TambourineMan
    TambourineMan
    Community Member
    Options

I am researching whether to use 1Password to replace LastPass.

So I do not have 1Password 7 on any of my phones to "down"grade from 8 so that method is not available.

The .apk for 1PW 7 does not seem to be available in Play Store nor in 1Password's downloads.

Until this issue is fixed, can this be made available either in 1PW's downloads or sent as an attachment to an email from support?

Having to "type" in a long master password each time on a smartphone is a non-starter.

Alternately can a repeat fingerprint be used instead of a PIN? Or as a last resort, a Yubikey (I really don't want to go back to those.)

• Ben
    Options

Hi @TambourineMan

1Password 7 is no longer supported and is unavailable except to those who had previously purchased it. 1Password 8 for Android can be unlocked with your fingerprint:

Use your fingerprint, face, or eyes to unlock 1Password on your Android device

Ben

• TambourineMan
    TambourineMan
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben

THANKS. I thought I remembered that and had been looking for confirmation or work arounds for Android (I knew it worked on windows.). Fingerprints is the optimum Android solution - much better than a PIN. I can't understand why people would prefer a 4 digit PIN. Phones are easily lost and there goes the keys to the kingdom. I would hate to remotely wipe a misplaced phone (if it still had battery power) thinking it was stolen only to locate it again. I can say from experience that phone finders/wipers are not always 100%

I have been trying to get as many of my ducks in order (before even a 14 day trial so I can make the most of it) and am now ready to jump in. Lots to think about from setting up a new incognito email address dedicated only to 1PW to ordering desktop fingerprint readers.

• Hi @TambourineMan, thanks for following up with us. If there's anything else we can help with, just let me know!

This discussion has been closed.